Let's celebrate

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Will be thinking of you on that day Lori. Anniversaries are important. On June 7th it will be 25 years since my dad passed. We will be planting more trees at our farm in remembrance of him.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Let’s not forget Passover, beginning on the evening of April 22, which is also Josh’s half birthday, if you celebrate such things.

Then Cinco de Mayo on May 5, celebrating Mexico’s victory over the second French Empire at the Battle of Puebla. Mexicans do not celebrate this holiday as it was created by Latino Americans. It usually involves eating Mexican food and drinking a lot of Tequila.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
The next holiday for us is Memorial Day. Friday before is cemetery day for the family. No cooking involved as we meet at paneras for breakfast and go for lunch after. I finished buying the last of flowers today. We cover 6 cemeteries and 30 graves now (I think, I need to pull out the list). It’s sad but at-least some of the cousins get together. Not that many of us left.

Reactions: halimer

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The next holiday for us is Memorial Day. Friday before is cemetery day for the family. No cooking involved as we meet at paneras for breakfast and go for lunch after. I finished buying the last of flowers today. We cover 6 cemeteries and 30 graves now (I think, I need to pull out the list). It’s sad but at-least some of the cousins get together. Not that many of us left.
What a lovely way to remember those who are no longer with us.