Lidl

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Has anyone shopped at Lidl before? I am making the trip to the meat market tomorrow to stock the freezer and there is a Lidl store a couple blocks down and was thinking about stopping in there. What is good to get there? I heard they were better than Aldi.

Also anyone use the Hotel Bar butter before. Local grocery store has it on sale and was thinking about giving it another try. The only time I used it was a few years ago for baking and all my cookies went flat. Not sure if it was the butter that caused that or what.

Thanks ladies!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I LOVE Lidl and miss it so much! There were a couple where we lived in Virginia - their bakery is awesome, so many wonderful breads and pastries. They had a great international section with meats and cheeses from all over and a large wine selection. I can't remember what the prices were like because I bought mostly specialty items.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I stopped in there today. Found some things at good prices. I will not be shopping there often as it 45 minutes away however I will stop in when ever we run down to the meat market.