Life Makeovers Cheryl Richardson Week Three

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Pamelajane

Retire Member
Apr 19, 2008
Hertfordshire.UK.
welcome to Week three. Finding your Lost Self

This week looks at how we often feel disconnected from ourselves, the more you are connected to the centre the more you are linked to your values needs and desires, then your life begins to take on a deeper sense of meaning.

Here are some examples of paths that may lead you to yourself :

Keep a journal...Write something to start an ongoing dialogue with yourself.

Capture your dreams..... Keep track of the dreams that take place while you are asleep. Dreams are a doorway into your inner life.

Create a community of support.... A place to share what you are learning about yourself with others A safe place to share your thoughts and feelings.

Reawaken your Spiritual life.....Dedicate time each day to your spiritual life. Study inspiring literature. Write letters to God in your journal.

When you make a promise to spend time with yourself you must keep your promise.

TAKE ACTION CHALLENGE.

Take out your diary/calendar and get ready to schedule appointments for you. For the next six months block out time each week and mark it off in ink. Increase the amount of time each month.

Stay Strong, there will be times when you need to rearrange, set a new standard that honours your Self first by limiting the interruptions.

Pamelajane

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I'm just starting week 2 so i'm behind a bit. But at least I have the book at home to follow so that'll help me. I still need to finish some things from week 1.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Mrs Soup.....I'm not going to try and do all the things suggested...or I'd still be on Week One also....I'm just picking one small thing from each week to focus on....depending on how I like the process.....its still early in the year....I might go through it again next week and pick another small item from each week....or reflect on the weeks differently or something...I just know me....I'll never get through 52 weeks if I think I have to do it all

Just a thought!!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I did do my list from Week One.

It really made me think. I just left out a pad of paper and when I thought of something, I jotted it down.

For this week, How she says to jot down some dates to do things for ourselves.

She says to schedule some time each week... Well for me- Saturday morning are what I call, Annie's Golden Time. I turn off my phone and I spend the morning sipping my coffee, reading and maybe watching a show that I recorded earlier in the week. I don't like it at all if I have something to attend on a Saturday morning.

Annie

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Lost Self

Fragments of self
Discovered in books,
In ocean waves
In hooka bars
In sunsets and summer days.

Pieces of soul
Tucked neatly
Into songs
Into roadtrips
Into stories collected.

Puzzle pieces
Claimed in victory
In conversations
Tears and laughter
Journeys of self.

Random Keys
Unlocking inner doors
Dreams and drama
Moonlight and Madeness
Dancing across the stage of life.

Archive of Self
Soul files
Stored in the pages of life
Blow off the dust
Open the file.

Pamelajane

Retire Member
Apr 19, 2008
Hertfordshire.UK.
Mrs Soup.. I agree with Ginger, i'm not going to do everything each week and in some ways because some of it is so intense, i worry that i won't hear my inner voice because i'm so busy with the challenges!!

Ginger ..Thankyou for posting the verse

Annie.. Your Saturdays sound wonderful, i am always rushing between dancing classes and Football practise or Soccer as it's known. I have started to use Sundays as a rest day afternoons i slow down.

Pamelajane

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I had the time so I turned off the TV and took the time to read all the way through Week 4. I had a very hard time doing the first week's challenge of finding 25 things from last year so I wrote what I could think of and moved on.

I went through weeks 2-3 and wrote in my journal the answers to questions asked. I picked something I need to work on this year and wrote my affirmation.

For me, most of the challenges seem really doable and i'm going to try my best to do them. Dream journaling has always been something i've wanted to do but rarely done. I have very crazy, interesting dreams so I shouldn't have a problem there.

This may be from Week 4 (sorry if it is, i'm getting all the weeks confused right now thinking about the challenges and what I want to do) but what i'm really looking forward to implementing is the 30 day challenge to hand write 3 pages each morning. I'm going to start tomorrow morning.

Pamelajane

Retire Member
Apr 19, 2008
Hertfordshire.UK.
I have posted week fours challenge. a little late i know.

Mrs Soup you're doing so well, i think you will really enjoy the morning pages, i'm going to really make an effort myself,

Pamelajane