Look What I Saw

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
at Walmart today.....Spiced Wine...not sure if it's any good.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
yeah...it's so cute I might have to buy a bottle....just to have the cute bottle...lol

:tree:

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Oh that looks good! Maybe it's like a ready made mulled wine?

Ikea have a non alcoholic mulled wine, which I love (cold or microwaved in the mug haha). Could be similar?

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
Looks awesome! I bet that would make a nice little gift. One year (on like Dec 23 and totally stumped for a present for my MIL) I picked up a Chriostmas themed-bottle of White Zinfindel. It was a very pretty bottle and called Chateau St. Nicholas.

I was rather ashamed to give it (along with some money) as it seemd such a lame, last-minute gift but she loved it so much she raved about it for weeks. She didn't want to open it because it looked so festive.

Wish our Walmart carried wine! I would definitely pick up a few bottles.

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
I'm going to see if I can find this today while I'm out. I'm not a wine drinker but I'd like to try this one.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I didn't pick up a bottle while at Walmart :( I forgot....maybe if hubby goes back there later he will get a bottle.

Jinglemom...let us know what you think.

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
Unfortunately I can't find it at www.walmart.com but from the posted picture (and this page: http://www.montelle.com/products/wine/st-wenceslaus) it seems to be something we call "Punsch" or "Gluehwein" (Hot spiced wine) here. I think it should be warmed up before serving.

We drink it mostly hot and it will primarily be served at advent markets or after skiing (and in general when you are/were outside in the cold)

In the meantime there are also non-alcoholic versions (eg for children and for me :)) - they will be made by fruit/spiced tea. I also drink the children version, as I don't drink alcohol at all.

Enjoy it!

But one warning: I heared that this kind of beverage goes to head quite soon

Chilli

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
I didn't pick up a bottle while at Walmart :( I forgot....maybe if hubby goes back there later he will get a bottle.

Jinglemom...let us know what you think.

I wasn't able to go yesterday....ds messed up my plans and had a friend sleep over. Probably won't be able to get there till Mon or Tues now...but I'll let you know if I find it.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Very cute bottles!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
There are so many cute (great marketing strategy) out there "special
" for Christmas that I have to make sure I KEEP to my budget. That's one reason I like picking up stocking stuffers early...otherwise I am lured into a bunch of the cute-y stuff that they stick out there right before Christmas....its cute but easily tossed aside after Christmas!!

There are some speciality items I like and that we usually buy any way like....

1. Wine (if its good a packaged for Christmas...great)

2. Coffee Creamer in the seasonal flavors

3. Snacks....like the pretzels that we would eat anyway ...just makes December a bit more FUN!

Hmmmm....not sure what other food Christmas things are out there.....anyone else have ideas??

:merrychristmas: