Looking Ahead 2011

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Merry Christmas everyone.....funny as it seems....it's always about now that I start looking ahead and thinking about the new year....I have been reflecting on some things we might do here in January to keep the post holiday blues away.

JumpStart January....this started out as a version of the Holiday Grand Plan...Some people like following it...some people find it overwhelming....so I was thinking....we'd have the regular Jump Start January cleaning plan....AND we will also run a mini version of JumpStart January....that runs JUST through the month of January with some key things to get accomplished!

January Journey: I host a January Journey event for friends every year BUT for the boards I am thinking that Janaury would be a good reflecting month....a good time to really get in touch with how we want 2011 to be. This project would of course include selecting your 2011 word as well as some other things to really get us moving into a GREAT year!!

So stick around after Christmas......2011.....is going to be fun!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Sounds like 2011 will be off to a good start.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
It's funny you mentioned this. I revamped my room a month cleaning calendar for next year when I had a few extra minutes at work yesterday. Thanks for thinking ahead, Ginger.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I LOVE those ideas, Gingerbug! AND.... I agree that it IS really important to plan good things for January..... to keep those post-Christmas-blues away!!!!

I really like your idea of adding to our Jumpstart January program...... adding a "mini-Jumpstart January".... just for January. A "month-long, get-things back to normal for January".

The "January Journey" idea is really fun. Gingerbug... you set up a real, weekend trip for your friends... for "January Journey". We may have to do a "virtual trip".... to get all our MHH Family in the same time and place. (A weekend.... at MHH, of course.)

From December 1st on... every time I think of a "big" project that I should do..... I tell myself that there will be PLENTY of time to do that project in January or February, 2010! PLENTY OF INDOOR TIME.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Sparklenana....a cyber January Journey weekend....great idea! Would you like to help me put something together....we could schedule a chat or two during the weekend also....

Mini Jumpstart January....I am thinking that for the mini version....you could choose from some different options.

1. Would be a list of some hotspot cleaning areas in your house...ones that generally get ignored or put off and those could be your focus of mini Jumpstart January.

2. You could pick a BIG project to do doing the month and that is your focus for the mini version. For example...every year I say I am going to organize and do a better job of storing Christmas....so my mini could be to devote the entire month of January to that one very BIG project....and really do it right!

3. Or the min version could be to divide your house into DAYS....this works best for smaller houses of course...but say....the first three days living room...the next three days bathrooms etc etc...and try to work a mini cleaning version throughout the month....getting your whole house in...not necessarily DEEP cleaning but some de=cluttering....some cleaning...and some organizing!

Those are just some ideas...we are all DEEP into holiday prep and excitement right now...but I have to write down things when they come to me or I forget them...totally!!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Another 2011 GEM.....we are going to do a recipe a month (most likely cookies or appetizers) JANUARY- SEPTEMBER...that way we will have tried out some things and know what we want to choose for Christmas 2011...just in time to make our master ingredient lists....

I can't tell you how much that advanced planning helped me this year...alll the ingredients (spread out over weeks so to help the old budget) are ready and waiting for my baking spree next week... :)

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I have so many ideas buzzing in my head for 2011...here's a recap:

1. JumpStart January: Full version of Grand Plan

2. Mini Jumpstart January (runs through Jan. only)

3. A Virtual January Journey (reflection and such)

4. Recipe of the Month Club: Starting January 1st! (Runs Jan-Sept....finishing in time for baking month/master ingredients list etc)

5. The Declutter Club: Starting in January...Runs (Jan-Nov. ...Christmas lovers get December off)

So join us for a GREAT 2011...

:welcome:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Gingerbug.... the Declutter Club sounds like JUST WHAT WE NEED!!!! Uh... what is it? We sure need to declutter!

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
Sounds great! As the mod for the Holiday Home forums, I was thinking of starting monthly prompts to keep things moving on through the year for those of us who frequent MHH. :)

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
MissBrittany.... I would LOVE to get monthly "prompts" from you... for our discussions!!!!!

It is VERY good for all of us -- to keep our MHH discussions going all year!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I agree...a great idea!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Very exciting stuff!! I think my work schedule has settled down significantly so I should be able to check in more often.

I was reading on a blog I visit often that she always looks forward to the new year as an opportunity for unlimited experiences. Don't you just love that? So much better than dreading January...embrace it!! Love it!! Live it!! That's the plan!

My DH and I are planning a financial make over as well this new year. Maybe we could include something like that? Just a thought.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
You've just given me a GREAT Christmas present.....Cathy.....I've missed seeing you on here!! :)

:santa2:

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Love the ideas, Ginger!

MissBrittany, I would also love to receive prompts :)