Lottery Tickets-How good a Christmas gift are they?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

gameshowguy2000

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Garland, TX
www.myspace.com
This is something I ponder a lot about. I mean, the cheapest ones are $1, and some states sell them as high as $20 or $30.

My sister thinks they're useless, and I think they're not. I mean, if you have at least $1 you could afford a lottery ticket for that someone on your gift list. (Heck, I got 4 $1 Christmas-themed lottery tickets in my stocking in '05)

And who knows, you might win. (Depends on how many you buy for the people on your list). Thoughts, people?

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
We always used to get them in our stockings from my mom. I think they are a great, inexpensive stocking stuffer.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I personally would love to get one! We don't have a lottery here, but if we did....

Welcome, by the way, Gameshowguy! Glad to have you here at our magical new home!

As I posted about this topic once before I believe if it is something the recipient LOVES I usually pair it up with a dinner GC for Christmas or in a stocking or better yet as a gift tag. For the most part I buy scratch off's for birthday cards!!!

CherylOK

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
NW Arkansas
I don't think I'd like my whole gift to be lottery tickets. But I'd love one as an add-on, or tie-on, or stocking stuffer!

I think they would be fun at a family get together where a lot of people had one, and the tickets had been bought in sequence. Probably there would be several winners.

supermom315

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Deptford, NJ
If it's something the recipient enjoys I say go for it!! :grin: I have given scratch offs as a main gift & as extras. Our lottery here in NJ have scratch offs that go from $1 to $25 (as far as I have seen at my local lottery places).HAGD
Tina
:pink:

gameshowguy2000

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Garland, TX
www.myspace.com
supermom315 said:
If it's something the recipient enjoys I say go for it!! :grin: I have given scratch offs as a main gift & as extras. Our lottery here in NJ have scratch offs that go from $1 to $25 (as far as I have seen at my local lottery places).HAGD
Tina
:pink:

That's good. The BEST NJ scratch-off is the Holiday Gift Packs with 6 $1 instant tickets and a chance to win up to $20,000 for just 5 Bucks. Love those.

NLxmasmom

Retire Member
Nov 22, 2007
Personally, I wouldn't give lottery tickets as a gift. I wouldn't hesitate to put them in stockings or as a gift tag.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
We always buy my stepfather and my grandfather scratch offs as their gifts everyyear. If you buy either of them anything else the first thing they go for is the scratch offs.

saydee

MHH Member
Nov 20, 2007
We've always purchased scratch off lotto tickets to put in the kids' stockings. They're in their 20's now and I still give them some for Christmas.
:bigsnow:

chrisaholic

Retire Member
Nov 24, 2007
Newfoundland, Canada
I always put one in my husbands christmas stocking and he always puts one in my.
I've also used them for our Secret Santa at work (small $2 daily gift). Everyone always gets a kick out of them. :skate: