Mad at AT&T!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MamaCat

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Texas
I am so upset with At&t! We have their U-verse TV service. We've been very happy with it--until NOW! They dropped the Hallmark channel from their line-up! They say Hallmark is asking too much for them to continue to carry them. I say, as much as I pay them every stinking month, they can darn well afford to pay whatever Hallmark is asking! LOL! I wouldn't mind it so much if it weren't coming up on the time of the year where Hallmark runs so many holiday movies that I enjoy SO much! Then yesterday I heard U-verse will be dropping HGTV, DIY, the Food Network & a couple of other channels at the end of this month. If they do, we are dropping U-Verse! We have about 6 stinking wrestling/boxing channels on there but can't keep HGTV or Hallmark!! aaarrrggghhh!!!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Oh - you had better believe I'd be switching cable providers if all those channels were cancelled here! Start shopping around and play the numbers game. If one offers you a year of free movie channels ask another if they match that or exceed that. They are after your dollars. You can't always get anywhere with the first people you talk to, but if you have the time and the gumption you can usually win this battle.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Without going into a rant I will simply say...I feel AT&T is getting too big for their britches and forgetting their customers...

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I could not survive without the Hallmark Channel and the Family Channel during the holidays. NEVER!!

Nutcracker

Retire Member
Jan 9, 2008
Birmingham, Alabama
Well I guess I won't be switching to Uverse anytime soon, but remember Hallmark must be asking a lot of money if AT&T feels they can't afford to offer it in their packages and make so many people mad! Hey! I would be willing to pay extra for it like Showtime, HBO and others. I don't get nor want the movie channels but I would pay extra for Hallmark. They took Hallmark on my Charter Cable "package" selection 2 months ago so I was looking toward Uverse. NOW WHAT?? DirectTV??

JayOkie

Retire Member
Oct 19, 2007
NE Oklahoma
girlsinmo, I have to agree with you about AT&T. Some of you are too young to remember (said with smile), but at one time - oh, in the 1970's ish time era - AT&T was big & The Powers That Be made them break up. Somehow, that's gone by the wayside & AT&T is now again another huge un-caring company. I hope to get home internet in the next few months, but no idea with whom. Sadly, AT&T seems to have the best basic, no frills service. Have 3 choices in this area & my first choice - have had them before - have gotten way out of line, price wise. OH, my. decisions decisions decisions :-0

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Nancy,

I would go crazy if we could get these channels here. DH was looking online to see if we could get them. I would pay any amount to have them for the month of December.