Magical heartwarming Christmas ideas

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
lucie- Your Pajama day- definetly has to go on the calendar for Christmas 2011!

Annie

candysprinkles

Retire Member
Jan 29, 2011
Indiana
We have a few Halloween themed movies already... Charlie Brown, Winnie the Pooh, Garfield and a couple others. My DD loves the move Twitches so I am thinking about getting them for her for her b-day which is in Oct. I want to make cute halloween themed food too.

For the Thanksgiving Themed night... we have Charlie Brown and Garfield Thanksgiving specials on DVD.. going to look for a couple more. I was also thinking about including Miracle on 34th street since it does have have Thanksgiving and Christmas in it.

Trying to spread out the holiday cheer and magic.

I am working on the same thing. We have a few Halloweenish titles, Haunted Mansion, Charlie Brown, Monster House. Probably a few more, but they put SO many on Disney and ABC Family, that I don't think we need to invest in anymore. (Actually, I heard at Blockbuster today that they would be taking their movies down to .99 the last weekend at one of my stores. At that price, I'd probably buy ANY holiday.)

Miracle on 34th Street is on my list to buy...I have seen it, DVRd it a couple of times, but don't own it. We have I think 6 different Charlie Brown holidays through out the year, but they are all on VHS. I almost have enough in my Swagbucks to buy them on DVD now.

My kids are getting older, the teens like the Nightmare Before Christmas more than the Charlie Brown stuff. Dern kids, hubby and I like them both and were grown! :rolleyes:

Can anybody think of a non-cartoon predominantly Thanksgiving classic? I guess it might work to find or record some of the Brady Bunch Thanksgiving episodes. I always liked them.

My all time favorite New Year's Movie is When Harry Met Sally!! :) I saw Ground Hog's Day at BB today. It was new (more expensive-only 25% off regular price) so I passed even though it is on my list to buy.