Make it Happen Monday 7-27-2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Good day everyone.

Reactions: PamelaG

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
That's kind of a long title but it's what popped in my head. So what do I make happen today? It's going to be hot again so can't do a lot about that. But I am sure I can make at least one thing happen even if it's to remember I control my attitude about things going on around me.

After I post this I think I will make myself get ready to go outside for a few in the fresh air before it gets too hot.

Jess I havent caught up on the thread from yesterday but I pray your family all faired well with the storm.

Have a good day all. What are y'all going to make happen today?

Stay safe.. Take Care.. Enjoy your day

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I am hoping to get to the sewing room today and do some sewing. I have a project that requires hinges and I am trying to come up with another way to do it. I the object has to stand and then fold down with needed. I have 2 ideas floating in my head to try out we shall see....

Also, There is a flash sale at Macy's online. Jewelry and Watches if anyone is gift shopping. I got 2 Christmas and 1 birthday gift.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Good morning!

I won't be making a lot happen today if our computers don't get a move on. We have some access issues this morning that are slowing everyone down. Had a support call for my new phone which went really well yesterday. Great rep, easy to understand, didn't talk in tech-speak that I couldn't follow, and I set up the essentials - contacts, talk, text, e-mail, and Facebook. I'm all set.

Nothing really planned after work today although I am very thankful for air conditioning. It's going to be 91 degrees this afternoon so I will be glad to walk into a cool house. It's programmed to come on about an hour before I walk in the door. I paced myself and only watched one episode of Belgravia on Epix yesterday so I'm looking forward to another episode tonight. It is as good as the book so far.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Aloha!

We got nothing from Hurricane Douglas. We had light rain off and on during the day and that was it, not even any wind to speak of. It was a waste of a day with things closed left and right. It was very disappointing. I, of course, wouldn't have wanted anyone to sustain damage to their property but a little wind and heavier rain would have been nice, maybe a storm with some thunder and lightning. Our yard is in desperate need of some good rain. But alas, nothing. So I have the sprinkler hooked back up this morning watering the yard. I will begin working on moving everything back to where it belongs today with the kids help. DH has a late work call, guess they thought we would still be feeling effects this morning. Douglas booked it out of the island chain overnight and is already past Kauai. DD and I did see a double rainbow last night on our walk.

No plans for today except for getting things back to normal, reading my book and seeing what else the day brings. I may run out and see if I can find some cards (birthday and now wedding congratulations) and something to complete this housewarming box for my friend so I can get it in the mail this week.

Tricia- I agree and like that, we definitely control our attitude about things going on around us and how we choose to react or not.
Jody- That sounds interesting! I will have to check that sale out. DD loves jewelry.
Pamela- Glad your new phone is all set up! That's nice that you can program your air like that.

Enjoy your day!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Hello all! 91* already at noon and supposed to be 96*. We may even break a record today.

I went to the Asian grocery because we are seriously in need of veggies, etc. Prices have gone up - what can I say. And has anyone noticed that a lot of the summer fruits and vegetable - corn, melons, tomatoes, etc are not in the stores or even at the farmer's markets. I'm noticing it here and wonder what the problem is. Just another problem of the covid era.

And our dryer has finally died. DH will try to find out if there's anything he can do to fix it or if a new dryer is in our immediate future. Fortunately almost all of the laundry was done.

Jess - glad the storm missed the island but at least you were well prepared.
Pamela - hope that the computers speed up and you have a productive day. Sorry the temperatures will be so high.
Tricia - you're right - attitude is everything
Jody - hope you find the solution to your hinge problem and have an enjoyable day of sewing

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
No plans for today except for getting things back to normal, reading my book and seeing what else the day brings. I may run out and see if I can find some cards (birthday and now wedding congratulations) and something to complete this housewarming box for my friend so I can get it in the mail this week.
Do you have Dollar Tree? Their cards are Hallmark but only 50 cents or $1.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Afternoon!

Yesterday, ds, ddil left around 9:30 to go pick up at their house. DH brought them Xavier around noon (ddil's grandparents were coming over to their house and were meeting him for the 1st time). We kept the dog here (her grandma doesn't like dogs) until we left around 4:30 to go have supper with them. we ordered pizza. DD was with us.
DD left around 10:00 this morning.
I have vaccumed main floor and mopped. Laundry is going. Posted on my blog. Trying to catch up in my reading here. Paid some bills. Had a few things to check on my cable account and changed a channel. Cut off cnn and replaced it with a home improvement channel.

REALLY HOT AND HUMID, uggg! a/c is my new best friend.

DDIL seems to be having some fever since last night.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Afternoon, everybody!

Mercy, is it hot out there. Was not feeling well last night. Upset tummy and headache, so I thought I would see how I felt this a.m. A bit better, but went back to sleep. And overslept. But that's ok. I was not feeling it. Still not.

I had to run some errands and treated myself to a jelly donut. I should have gotten gas while I was out, but I was hot and tired and just came home when I was done. I may go out again. But I really don't want to. Poor Sophie. She is thirsty, and wants a drink. Looks like it is clouding up outside. We need some rain. Just checked outside and yippee! It is raining.

Ok kids, that's it for me.
Debbie, sorry about the dryer. Maybe Mark will be able to fix it and buy you some time.
Jess, here you got everything ready for Doug and the jerk stood you up! How rude!
Tricia, stay cool!
Jody, will check out the jewelry sale at Macy'.
Hw2, what are you and DGS doing this afternoon?
Pamela, I love Dollar Tree. Usually do buy my cards there. I can't believe that it will get to 91* out there. Try to stay cool. Is the computer situation fixed?

Better get something done. But what? I did start my new book last night. I got it at one of the rummages I went to on Friday. It's three books in one. About the Amish. I love this author.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I should of known when I was talking about attitude that someone would test me on that lol That's ok I passed the test- that time.

Everyone stay hydrated and take care in this nasty Summer heat.

Getting ready to eat lunch soon, leftovers from yesterday. Sloppy Joes, corn on the cob and stuffed jumbo shells.

Jody I hope you can find the gifts you want.
Pamela it sounds neat to be able to program your AC on when to start. All we can program on ours is the temp. And in these temps it doesn't always keep it at the temp we set it on.
Jess glad there was no damage from the storm. Wish you'd got your rain tho.
HW2 enjoy your time with your DGS
Debbie I hope your DH can fix your dryer.
Lucie I pray your DIL feels better soon.
Pam a jelly donut sounds good.

Have a great rest of the day all..

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Believe it or not DH tried the old "turn if off, turn it on" trick on the dryer and it worked!

He expects $100 for a house call - not;)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Washed bathroom and finishing up laundry. dh just came back from the groceries.

Too hot to even go out there... I tried... way too humid. I think I'll go watch some tv and knit INSIDE.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Pamela, I love Dollar Tree. Usually do buy my cards there. I can't believe that it will get to 91* out there. Try to stay cool. Is the computer situation fixed?
I know! I think we are about to have that blisteringly hot week that sends everyone looking for an AC unit. No, sadly, still having computer issues.

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Pamela it sounds neat to be able to program your AC on when to start. All we can program on ours is the temp. And in these temps it doesn't always keep it at the temp we set it on.
Yes, the programmable thermostat is great.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Do you have Dollar Tree? Their cards are Hallmark but only 50 cents or $1.
No, we don't have any of those types of stores. :( No Dollar Tree, Dollar General, or any discount type stores here at all, or craft stores except Ben Franklin which costs a fortune compared to Michael's or Hobby Lobby.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Good morning,
It is blowing a gale out there, I think Douglas by passed Jess and came to us. Windy and rainy for the next day or so.

Work today and thanks to Tricia I am going in with my attitude in place. I will try very hard to not let panicked physio get to me.
Boss sent us all an email last night asking what we need from her to make the workplace more pleasant, I will think long and hard before replying.
Last night when I got home I did about 1/2 an hour of crafting and I will try and do that again tonight, it is a nice calming thing to do.

Please stay cool and hydrated dear friends,
Much love XOXO

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Eli and I made cookies and the last batch is finishing up in the oven. I got everything back out onto the front porch and had DS hang my shell windchimes that DH restrung a while back and never hung back up. It's windy today, go figure. I have another set that needs restrung and a hula girl windchime that needs fixed as well before it can go back out.

I had a talk with DS about this last semester and my expectations. I made a gradebook for him to keep track of his turned in/completed work again that I need to get printed out for him so he can start utilizing it. I plan to stay more on top of it this time and check it every day to keep him on his toes. It's useful since his teachers aren't the best at grading work in a timely manner so we can keep track of when he turned things in and know where he sits with assignments and how far along he is and if he's getting behind. The system isn't accurate by any means.

I pulled out the last package of hamburger from the freezer so I guess I will need to go shopping very soon. I haven't been buying meat, trying to use up what we had so I guess i've succeeded.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Hawai'i
Evening!

I was talking to my mom this afternoon and got a phone call that I didn't answer. I knew it was going to be my placement coordinator. I checked my voicemail and sure enough it was. I called her back and I have a placement! It will be in 5th grade in Mililani, up closer to Schofield where we used to live. But i'll be driving against traffic so it won't be bad. I have to be there on Wednesday this week so very short notice, which is a bit overwhelming. My host teacher has stuff going on tomorrow so we are unable to meet, so I guess i'll meet her on Wednesday. I am a bit nervous. They are doing a rotational model like my kids schools but i'm not sure what that will mean for me and how much i'll be working from home (or not). Time will tell. I have already started writing down some questions. I don't have access to anything until my new term starts on the 1st so i'm a little clueless at the moment as to the details of what it is i'm required to do and goals i'm required to meet.

My placement coordinator said she sent me an email but I haven't received one. She said she would be at the school tomorrow and would email me so hopefully i'll get one then, if not then i'll email and let her know that I haven't received her emails. I have an appointment on Thursday afternoon and one on Monday late morning. I think i'll try to reschedule my Botox appointment on Monday to later in the week to give me time to see if i'm going to see side effects. With the rotational schedule my team should have virtual learning on Mondays/Tuesdays and some Wednesdays. If I remember correctly last time I had the injections I started having side effects a few days after the injections.

Lots to think about and plan for with my kids starting school as well. This is new territory for me and I want to have my ish together before next week!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Evening!

I was talking to my mom this afternoon and got a phone call that I didn't answer. I knew it was going to be my placement coordinator. I checked my voicemail and sure enough it was. I called her back and I have a placement! It will be in 5th grade in Mililani, up closer to Schofield where we used to live. But i'll be driving against traffic so it won't be bad. I have to be there on Wednesday this week so very short notice, which is a bit overwhelming. My host teacher has stuff going on tomorrow so we are unable to meet, so I guess i'll meet her on Wednesday. I am a bit nervous. They are doing a rotational model like my kids schools but i'm not sure what that will mean for me and how much i'll be working from home (or not). Time will tell. I have already started writing down some questions. I don't have access to anything until my new term starts on the 1st so i'm a little clueless at the moment as to the details of what it is i'm required to do and goals i'm required to meet.

My placement coordinator said she sent me an email but I haven't received one. She said she would be at the school tomorrow and would email me so hopefully i'll get one then, if not then i'll email and let her know that I haven't received her emails. I have an appointment on Thursday afternoon and one on Monday late morning. I think i'll try to reschedule my Botox appointment on Monday to later in the week to give me time to see if i'm going to see side effects. With the rotational schedule my team should have virtual learning on Mondays/Tuesdays and some Wednesdays. If I remember correctly last time I had the injections I started having side effects a few days after the injections.

Lots to think about and plan for with my kids starting school as well. This is new territory for me and I want to have my ish together before next week!
I am so excited for you. It's what you have been waiting for and understandable that you a anxious since there was not of advance notice. Good thing you didn't have a busy week planned. My advise is to get the kids ready for school and wait until you have more information to get what you need for school. You will do great and I am sure you are thankful that a 5th grade teacher was willing to take on a student teacher in the unusual circumstances we all find ourselves in. You will be wonderful!