March 2016

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Okay, gang - how are you doing with plans/prep for Christmas 2016?

If nothing else, no time like the present to do a bit of Christmas dreaming, list making, etc.

:tree2:

Report in on whatever is on your mind, whatever you tuck away or plan to - no detail is too small to share!!! :)

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Im doing ok! I picked up a couple of small things yesterday (Luke decided NOT to come to the shops)- nothing big just little stuffer items. My collection is steadily growing. Im keeping an eye out for miniature ornaments as I have decided to do a mini tree this year

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Big Lots had a 20% off coupon this weekend and DH convinced me to go. I think he regretted it because we ended up with a LOT in the cart!

We basically spent all the cash we made from selling DS's stroller on Criagslist! BUT, we got all useful items - only real splurge was a bird feeder DH really wanted :)

For Christmas 2016 I got 2 jar candles, wooden skewers for assembling gift baskets and I was SO excited to find beautiful tall glass bottles with spring style tops. Got two in a pretty green and one in clear - only $3 each before coupon!

These will be perfect for making homemade vanilla! I'll do one bottle for me and a couple as gifts! Can't wait!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
My Christmas-card inserts are done. The 2016 ornament is chosen and supplies are bought to make it.

that's it

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Just after last Christmas I looked at the items from the stockings (we do Santa sacks) and determined whether or not what I was putting in them was appropriate.

This year I am concentrating on useful things not cr*p. I don't want to be throwing stuff away because nobody uses it. Having said that, there will be one gag gift in each stocking just for funnies.

I have listed most things in my planner. I want to make more effort with Christmas morning breakfast. I am thinking of doing a buffet type set up with jugs of juice and bowls of fresh fruit etc. I still have time to decide, and I will ask the family for there input.

Lots to think about and I want to keep moving with the plans as I know how quickly time can get away from us.

Last edited: