March 2019 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Mary, well done on having decluttered every room. I am sure that you are noticing a difference.
I still have a ways to go, need to finish off the dining room this week, did not find the time ti do it all last week.

You can do it! Even with a plan of decluttering small areas in small time increments, I was discouraged. But with encouragement from you ladies here, I got through. I just want to cheer everyone on!:D

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thank you Mary, it is certainly achievable as you have shown. Nice to have a cheer squad in the corner.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Decluttered dining room hutch. recycled some old Christmas paper napkins and some paper cups. I did the hutch just before Christmas so was not too bad.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I went through 9 years of banking statements, doctor bills, and insurance claims, getting rid of what wasn't needed. It was something I had planned to save and do a rainy day after I retire, but it feels good to have it done. Almost a whole trash bag full to destroy.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I went through 9 years of banking statements, doctor bills, and insurance claims, getting rid of what wasn't needed. It was something I had planned to save and do a rainy day after I retire, but it feels good to have it done. Almost a whole trash bag full to destroy.

I did this with many many years of paper work. I did file cabinets quickly and still need to set them up for what works for us today. It is very cleansing.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Great job getting through the paper work, missjane! I did this a few months ago. I agree with Miss JoDee. It was very cleansing. I felt lighter too.

I started to delete duplicates/blurred digital photos off the computer. It's been a slow start this week with the decluttering. I've made my way back in time to November 2017. I really didn't have much to delete so I must have had this on my mind longer than I realized. I only have 10 years to go. :D

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have never been a real computer user but I have over the last few months decided to use it more. I have created a folder for all the photos that I want to print. I am deciding whether to copy all my recipes into a folder so that I have them all on hand. This is still a thing that I have to give a bit more thought to.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul