March 2020 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Another new month....... Days will start staying lighter longer, spring in the air.....so we will be itching to MOVE more out with our cleaning!!!!

I have 2 pairs of brand new swim trunks to take to a co-worker for her son tomorrow. I got them for $2.00 a piece back in the fall but alittle to tight for Ryan. Tags still on them.

This month I might try to keep track of how many items actually leave the house/ or premises. If I don't forget to mark it down.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have at least 10 bags of cans on the garage that need to go to the cash back centre.
There are 4 or 5 garbage bags in the spare room that need to be dropped off to the charity shop.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
We were recently given a beautiful set of bedroom furniture by my sister (they moved to UT and didn't want to haul it) so we cleared out the spare room and donated the old mismatched pieces to Goodwill.

Not everything would fit in spare room so we put the largest dresser in DS's room - clearing out his current one and moving downstairs.

In the whole process of this a LOT of cleaning and decluttering happened - it was a snowball effect - ended up with a large amount to donate!

Spare room looks GREAT! And for the moment, so does DS's! :rolleyes:

I'm working on decluttering the pantry now - going to move a bunch of things to downstairs storage that don't get used often. Extra crockpots, large special use pans, etc. Will open up a lot of shelf space and let me keep things better organized!!!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
On the road now taking piano and bench, night stand, large cabinet, ironing board, 2 totes and 4 flat box bookcases from Ikea to MN. Forgot the sander dad wanted. Guess it will be an excuse for another trip. ;)

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Finally talked to husband about finishing rearranging and cleaning the back of the basement. He’s not crazy about my ideas so will see what happens with that.
Husband finally starting cleaning his office. Worked on the big storage cupboard. He pulled everything out and I think he put it all back in again except for some trash. It doesn’t look any different to me. But he says there’s a box of stuff for the flea market. It’s a start!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Cleaned pantry this early afternoon and threw very little away. I think some canned pumpkin (3 cans), a few packs of seasonings, and a bag of stuff from take out orders (mustard and such), have a huge sack of plastic bags to take for recycling.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Cleaned pantry this early afternoon and threw very little away. I think some canned pumpkin (3 cans), a few packs of seasonings, and a bag of stuff from take out orders (mustard and such), have a huge sack of plastic bags to take for recycling.
I was going to clean out my pantry too but have decided to leave it all in there for now. I am thinking that even if things are past their use by date I can still use them. Depends what they are of course.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Went in the attic with ds... a bit too cold so we did it quickly. Got a box of baby toys down. DS took 1/3, I took 1/3 for when the baby comes and the other 1/3 went in the garbage.

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
While pulling fabrics to make masks for the animal hospital I found some things I know I’ll never use. I will give to my friend who makes doll quilts for a charity. What she doesn’t want she will take to quilt guild to pass on to someone else.