March 2021 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I will go look at that too.
Have bought a few bins for the pantry to put gravy & soup packs in. I bought an expandable cutlery organizer (mine is a mess ... too small for the drawer and too much stuff in it..)... it does NOT fit!!! Too much length, will have to return it to costco's... grrrr and I HATE HATE HATE returning things.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Since we're getting a new fridge I tossed a lot of stuff that was unused, expired, etc.. Two bags full with assorted other garbage.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I think the decluttering in the basement last month was very helpful in decluttering my mind too. I feel like I have more clarity. I feel like my days are more productive too. Anyone else go through this?

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I did when I declutter my attic. It had stuff in there that we put in when we moved in here in 1997. The attic is now empty!
We did a really big decluttering thinking we would move. Since we did some major declutter I can see that items are creeping in. Mom gave me a whole bedroom set but I didn't want to take it because it was adding to my house what I didn't need. DS brought back a dresser he didn't need and it's drawers are filled with things I wouldn't keep. It is quite easy to add to the household. Much of what has been added came from mom's house after she passed. (She was the reason I wanted to move, closer to her.
I will need to live with what came from her house for a while (a year) then decide what to keep. Decluttering is a thoughtful process.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I think the decluttering in the basement last month was very helpful in decluttering my mind too. I feel like I have more clarity. I feel like my days are more productive too. Anyone else go through this?
Yes. I have read or watched YouTube de-cluttering videos that state that fact. Seeing the clutter does something not good to our brains, so de-cluttering is great for getting out of a brain fog. :)

I will need to live with what came from her house for a while (a year) then decide what to keep. Decluttering is a thoughtful process.
I think keeping it for a year is a wonderful idea. No need to hurry and toss if you don't have to. You can take your time to see if some pieces can fit into your home and then if not, you can bless someone else with the items. :)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I emptied and reorganized basement armoire. Got rid of 3 blouses and 1 turtle-neck. I know I have to go back in the basement closet and TRY stuff on.. I'm sure a few don't even fit anymore.

Reactions: Lana and jampss

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I organized some stuff that belongs in the camper - which is in the shop - and put it in the downstairs bathtub to make the guest room look better.

Does that count?

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Debbie.....of course it counts.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Rearranging my gift closet/ wrapping area and storage for floral and other seasonal decorating/ craft things. I pitched a big pile of old boxes that I have been re using for ages and some other things. Still want to go through my Christmas crafts box. There are 3 totes of the fancy gift boxes from dollar tree I want to thin out too.

Reactions: Lana and jampss

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
This week's room was the bedroom. I sorted through my spring/summer and my fall/winter clothes. A few items went to the donation bag. This was the last room to go through for the big donation drop off day after Easter. I will use next week and the few days after Easter to double check on areas that are not obvious to me, like maybe a few drawers, closets, shelves in other rooms that aren't on my monthly cleaning rotation list.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Started Spring cleaning this weekend and tackled our bathroom, the kids bathroom, the laundry room started purging old sheet sets. Filled a trash bag and took down several empty water bottles. What is it with teens collecting empty water bottles?

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I went through our Easter decorations and tossed items that were broken and/or missing pieces. I put my older children's decorations in their memorabilia tote.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Finished my gift closet/ wrapping area etc in the basement. Tons of trash! I have several boxes for the thrift shop too. Some were things I kept last spring when I was purging. I haven’t used or even looked at the stuff so out it goes. Found a 25$ gift card for Cracker Barrel in a box! It’s mine now lol.
Did I mention I have 31 full rolls of Christmas wrapping paper????? Oh, I have 12 partial rolls too!!!! I think I have a wrapping paper issue called hoarding. Yes, I’m embarrassed. I do need to stock up on tape, then I’m all set (for the next 3 or 4 years or so).

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
The Vietnam Vets will be picking up an office chair, a lampshade and two bags of miscellaneous "stuff" tomorrow morning.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I helped declutter a friend’s house by taking some books away! They were kid books and I found them a new home with some homeschooling families.