March 2021 Monthly Reflection and Quarterly Reflection

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
It's the end of the month already and the end of the first quarter of 2021.

March Reflection
  1. What worked and didn't work for me this month? Why?
  2. What things or activities made me happy this month?
  3. What energized me this month?
  4. What drained me this month?
  5. What stress or concern worked itself out?
Quarterly Reflection
  1. Am I living my life according to what matters to me and what I want to be remembered for? If not, what is stopping me?
  2. What steps can I take to move forward to live that life?
  3. What did I learn this season?
  4. How am I doing with my Word of the Year goals?

homemade4me

MHH Member
Jun 30, 2020
San Diego County
It's the end of the month already and the end of the first quarter of 2021.

March Reflection
Quarterly Reflection
  1. Am I living my life according to what matters to me and what I want to be remembered for? If not, what is stopping me?
Such a great "food for thought "list Holiday_Mom..........

2. ....made me happy.......taking grandaughter to the park, throwing the ball on the ground for her and grandpa to race to get it.....I would say "ready set.......and she would say say Go"

3. ...drained me this month.....it is way to hot out here for March

......I will have to ponder the rest.....thanks for posting this!!

Laurie

Word Joy

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
March Reflection
  1. What things or activities made me happy this month? (I'm reading a book "Get Your Life Back" by John Eldredge .... learning to do the one minute pause ...)
  2. What drained me this month? (Well, my poor DS17 still struggling with his OCD rituals)
Quarterly Reflection
  1. How am I doing with my Word of the Year goals? (I'm trying to keep up with my word "resourceful" by things like reading more (the book above for one), keeping up with my daily planner, watching helpful YouTube videos, and checking in on some FB pages about goals/careers.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
March Reflection
Nothing seemed to work for me this month. Early in the month, I was focused on vacation prep. Post-vacation, I just never got back into the groove. My planned routine for my home went out the window; there was a pause on grocery shopping, when I did plan out time, I felt success if 50% got done. Just out of sorts, maybe with the changing of seasons????​

Seeing extended family in Florida. Seeing good things happen for my DD. Seeing my good friend's business begin to rebound and her feeling less stressed. Warmer weather, flowers blooming in the garden. Hearing the birds chirping, especially hearing and seeing our neighborhood cardinals.​

Increased availability for COVID vaccines and being able to secure one. Staying connected with childhood friends as they walked this journey along with me (but virtually, from their location) and being able to support and check in on one another. One friend lost her long-time partner, and another one had a bad reaction to her vaccine. Hers was 2 days before mine; she wasn't going to get one, due to some major health issues,, but another mutual friend contracted (and is still fighting) COVID and she felt helpless that she couldn't be there for her friend. That pushed her to decide to take a leap of faith.​

Work projects. Even though I'm supposed to be part-time, these projects are coming in back-to-back and require more time than I can give.​

An issue that has been forefront since the holidays is improving. Still has a ways to go, but it's moving in a positive direction.​

Quarterly Reflection

It's a work in progress, slowed by COVID. But, I finally feel that I have my feet firmly planted under me. It's just a matter of getting another 18 months under me (until I'm eligible for Medicare) and will not have to cover costly health insurance. But, I've been given time to work through some remaining issues and get a better grasp on what I want in the future.​

Complete my Trust documents. Vaccinate (one down, one to go) so we can hold a family meeting to discuss long-term care issues and responsibilities for family members. Right now, much of it is falling on me. Look for opportunity to mend fences with another family member.​

Be supportive and non-judgmental, and things will work out the way they're supposed to. You can't control everything, so don't waste the energy trying. Worrying gets you nowhere but in the bathroom with an upset stomach.​

My Word of the Year is presence, to be present in the moment. I'm trying, but it's difficult when I'm not around people and there aren't regular opportunities to practice. Hoping, with warmer weather for outdoor activities, there will be more chances to get together with friends and work on this one.​

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
March Reflection
  1. What worked and didn't work for me this month? Why? Continuing the 5 chores a month as well as starting to prepare the house for Winter is was my focus for the month, I started off well but got busy towards the end of the month and have fallen behind.
  2. What things or activities made me happy this month? Mum and I have a list of things we would like to do this year, some fun, some prep. We managed to get a few things done this month which was nice. Continued wedding prep with DD was on the list too.
  3. What energized me this month? The weather this month was amazing, a little cool a few days but pleasant enough to get things done.
  4. What drained me this month? Work issues continued for most of the month with one physio off with pneumonia it seemed that all I did at work was reschedule patients. Finalising DrillDance was also a drain and will probably continue to be into April.
  5. What stress or concern worked itself out? I still have a few things that are left unsettled so am hoping that they are finished soon.
Quarterly Reflection
  1. Am I living my life according to what matters to me and what I want to be remembered for? If not, what is stopping me? I am living life to the best of my ability, there were some big changes at the beginning of the year. Some I have adapted to, some I still need to work on. Made the hard decision to retire from DrillDance but proud that I stuck to my guns and will not be involved with something that I do not agree with.
  2. What steps can I take to move forward to live that life? I am taking baby steps, am getting closer.
  3. What did I learn this season? I learned that there are some people out there that will do whatever it takes to get what they want even if it is wrong. I learned that sometimes you have to sacrifice what you want to do rather than be lumped in with a group and do what you don't want to do.
  4. How am I doing with my Word of the Year goals? My word of the year is IMPROVE. I think I am going well with this. I am happy with my year so far. I feel I am in a good place with what means the most to me.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
March Reflection
What worked me this month? Why?

Menu planning on Google Calendar has been helpful. I have it set up to repeat same time next year.
Weekly reflections are helping me to process things and find solutions quicker if needed. If it is fine, then it's like a pat on the back which I don't give to myself often.

What didn't work for me this month? Why?
My reading plan has not work out at all. I need to give up more online time. My goal is to read a book every three weeks this year. I've read one book so far.
A 20 year old email group moved to the Group Me messaging app in February. It's a lovely group but the text messaging is very chatty and distracting me from my goals. I've had to step away.

What things or activities made me happy this month?
Spending 30 minutes daily on updating my family history has made me happy. It's been something that I've wanted to do for ages but I had to make time to give it time. I've cut back my time online here to make it happen.

What energized me this month?
Seeing how 30 minutes a day for 30 days can make a difference in a project is very motivating and has energized me to keep on into April.

What drained me this month?
I spend a lot of time listening to people. It's my gift. However, it drains me and I don't always make the time to be renewed following the listening sessions.

What stress or concern worked itself out?
The big question was how to get our college students home and back twice in one month. Turns out, they got rides to and from on their own for 3 of the 4 trips.

Quarterly Reflection
Am I living my life according to what matters to me and what I want to be remembered for? If not, what is stopping me?

I am trying and it is not easy when extended family seem to have irrational fears and ways of thinking.

What steps can I take to move forward to live that life?
I've tried to look at life from their perspective and I feel sorry for them. I am sure that they feel sorry for me by their reactions. LOL!

What did I learn this season?
My life counts too. I am putting my ideas and dreams ahead of others. I've said no to people so that I can do what I want to do. I've set up healthy boundaries for myself. I just need to take steps every day, no matter how little they are.

How am I doing with my Word of the Year goals?
Fulfill is my word. I have more clarity in what I want to achieve. I've figured out some steps toward that goal. For me, doing something everyday is the key because then every day actions becomes a habit.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, wonderful reflections. I enjoy reading them and seeing where I might utilise things in my own life.