March 2022 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Donations bag and library books out today.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Working my way thru bins upon bins of boating-related items. Lots of acrylic glassware, carafes, and more, as well as extra beach towels and bedding. All of one design (bedding that matches the curtain dividers for sleeping and living areas) have been set aside and will be laundered and re-folded; extra sheets (plain or of different designs) have gone into a bag for donation. Worn beach towels are being set aside for donation to the vet's rescue group. Of the stuff I'm not keeping, I'll offer to my boating community, sell at our marina's spring garage sale, and/or donate. I've also got 2 extra anchors, extra power cords, several RV/marine grade potable water hoses, non-matching fenders, dock lines, cleaning supplies ... I could go on and on. It's something that's been needed for years. Now's the time, and I want to have it done before the season begins.

Reactions: Lana and jampss

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Couple of bathroom rugs went home with DD‘s LC today. She said during our below zero weather when she goats having kids she used her bathroom rugs for some of the oat huts. So she was happy to see rugs in our donation pile.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
You are all doing great!!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Two large unusable plastic containers and this morning a pair of socks. I seem to be losing socks as quickly as I am losing underwear!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Worked in Teigans room some. Threw some papers away--hope she won't miss and starting a pile of clothes that are to small. Hope to finish her room this week. Might put some of the better stuff up to sell and then donate rest--will see. She said I could get rid of a chair in there. Still has the mushroom one.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
1 hair dryer (but do need to replace it at some point)... sparks were flying!
1 sweater
1 glass container (dropped it and it broke)

Reactions: jampss and Lana

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Found another spot to decrapify papers from. And then found several different items to go to safety deposit box. Car titles, deeds to land, marriage license and the likes. Not sure why they were here from the box........

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I have de-crapified DH's top of dresser, first dresser drawer of "junk", and two nightstand drawers. Wow ... dusty and crappy. LOL So, I did the first part ... took it all out, dusted, and put back what I know I know should stay. Now, when DH gets home ... he has to go through the LARGE pile to either donate or toss!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Cleaned off my nightstand last night. Went through and tossed junk mail from snack bar. Threw away a box of Sociables crackers. When I opened the box, there was a small nick in the inside plastic bag. I don't even remember where I bought them from.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Loungeroom sorted yesterday. 1 old quilt top tossed (it was beyond repair). Several DVDs and books out of there.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
After I drop of DS at work, I dropping off donations at Humane Society! DH did good going through his ‘junk’.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Cleaned out my car good and got all the old receipts from the console. Shredded them.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Some papers and clutter of DH's when I tried to bring order to the guest room where DH has been living.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Unboxed some things I took out of my flea market booth and reboxed them to take them to Goodwill Saturday when I go to Monroe to see DD and DSIL. Someone will get some joy from them, I'm sure.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Two used bath mats that were replaced and parts of a broken picture frame.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Tomorrow (the 20th) we will go to Centralia so will take stuff to Goodwill and few things to my sister.

Have some jeans, bag of plastic sacks (she can use for produce they sell in summer. Last year she needed some so will help her stock for this year) and tennis shoes to take to my sister.

Goodwill I have a small pink velvet chair, some kids books, kids puzzles and some clothes of Teigan's.

I have a couple puzzles and few books to give the preschool here in town.

When Jaymee came for supper and left she took 2 Wal-Mart sacks filled with soxs, 1 garbage sack filled with shorts and t-shirts of hers, 2 Wal-Mart bags filled with miscellaneous stuff of hers, a bag of clothes for Teigan and then 2 sacks of books for Teigan.

Teigan took a couple books home for Emme. A 2 yr old that is Jaymee's best friends daughter.

Have a large sack of more plastic bags for Ryan to take to his friend that works for a cosignment shop that always needs some.

Still plenty more here to sort.

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I was happy to bring back a box of stuff to work when we worked in person yesterday... however, had to empty all our desks. we now have shared desks and cannot keep a pen or kleenex there. they gave us a very small locker... so had to bring back 3 boxes of stuff here... sigh... for now I am putting the stuff away (Christmas decor, shoes, papers,... )... they might be going when I start decluttering again