March 2023 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
More glass Christmas trees with straws put into Goodwill bag.

Have 2 pairs of shoes in bag for Jaymee.

I swear the amount of paper in this house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Allen going through old magazines and such.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Tryig to do some decluttering. I have Mom's china that just sit being unused. I looked it up on Replacement LTD and they do carry the pattern. I could sell it to them if they choose to purchase it. Lots of paperwork and packing so I thought I should offer it to my siblings. I presented them with a couple of place settings (I have 14 to offer) and I was to get 4 people to take 2 each. I think I will take the rest and box them and offer them to my niece. Dsis daughter. No reason why others can't enjoy them.

I also pulled out a pedestal cake plate I don't need 4. Kept mom's the one with a cover and one I use for decorating. I also put candy dishes in the donation basket and narrowed down what decor pieces I could rotate through the seasons. Please don't ask me about the number of candles I have. I am aiming for a hygge lifestyle so I hope to burn them more often.

I have 2 drawers and the top of the coat closet to do yet. I know there are more string lights in there then I will use but should dgds come to stay for awhile what fun we could have decorating their room with lights, just saying. lol

When I think I am done declutter I am not, I always find something more that I don't use and am ready to let someone else find joy in it.

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I filled a back pack with 1 pair of good walking shoes, 1 travel clothesline and pegs, a keep cup, 1 travel umbrella, 3 hand weights and gloves, 1 travel cosmetics bag and it will all go to the church for Saturday's market day. The theme for this month is sporting and travel and I really did not have too much of either.

Next month is clothing, accessories and linen so will see what I can find.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Tidied my wardrobe yesterday. Tossed quite a bit, jeans, a dress, a few work shirts and a couple of pair of trousers. All will go to the church for their next market day.

Reactions: Lana and jampss

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I helped my friend clean off two shelves in her bedroom. We moved one into her walk in closet. And we moved the other one from where it was hidden in the corner to closer to the door. We then went through ALL the stuff and tossed some, donated some, and relocated some. We made the bottom shelf of the one her "gift closet". I took the box of donations and today, I dropped that off. Yay!

Reactions: Lana

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Several coozies.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have been decluttering in the office And started organizing the desk drawers. I also joined the Great Decluttering Challenge. Should be fun and interesting.

Last edited:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
The sack I have been putting into for Goodwill got dropped off today.

Tomorrow I will take my sister a yard ornament that I got at Hobby Lobby for under half off for her Christmas and forgot to give her. Also, have one for Jaymee so hope to get both out of the house tomorrow.

Friday, Jaymee took 3 sacks home.

Reactions: jampss

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
3 supermarket magazines are gone.
Shredded a whole lot of papers and they are out in the recycling bin.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
WHen I was tidying my gift closet I came across a box that contains spare items, things that I have picked up along the way but have no particular recipient. Will look through that this week and see if anything can be donated.

Reactions: Lana and jampss

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
WHen I was tidying my gift closet I came across a box that contains spare items, things that I have picked up along the way but have no particular recipient. Will look through that this week and see if anything can be donated.
I have a picnic basket with those spare items in it.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have a picnic basket with those spare items in it.
We always seem to have at least a few extras on hand, things we pick up for no specific reason. I will double check but think most of it can be donated.
I like the picnic basket idea!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Nothing decluttered today. I did buy 3 tops and a light jacket. So tomorrow I will put four items into the donation box.