March 2023 Rudolph Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009

1678300812578.png

Hello all!

Welcome to Rudolph Day for March 2023! You may want to click on the music link below while perusing the Rudolph Day links.

Relaxing Music: Christmas Holiday by Tim Janis I found the photography on this video to mesmerizing and relaxing.

Book: A Letter from Santa Clause by Mark Twain This is a very short read but had me chuckling. I would love to know George's take on this whole thing. LOL!

Movie: Three Wise Men and a Baby - Hallmark - I don’t think you’ll be able to catch it now but if it shows up on Hallmark during their Christmas programming, you may want to watch it for laughs.

Crafts: Mercury Glass Ornaments I have several candle holders in my house that have a mercury glass look. This would be a nice addition for Christmas.

Twine-Wrapped Light Bulbs How did I never see these before? These light bulbs look like pears when done. I bet you could use green twine or green yarn in various shades too. I could see using them in the fall and then extending the use to Christmas with the addition of evergreens, holly, and some artificial berries on wire.

Mercury Glass Pear Lightbulbs Craft This is not a link to a craft. After seeing the twine light bulbs, it got me thinking about combining the idea of doing a mercury glass technique on light bulbs.

In the Kitchen: Decadent Hot Chocolate This looks really good for a special treat.

Cool Whip in Cookie Cutters This looks like a fun way to add Cool Whip to some hot chocolate.

Enjoy!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Thanks for all the links! I'm putting the Christmas music in the background while I read the Letter from Santa Claus.

The wrapped light-bulbs (pears) are just too cute!

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
I love the Cool Whip idea! Those fancy shape marshmallows can get pricey and this is a great alternative.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Well, now I want Hot Cocoa with pretty cut out frozen Cool whip.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Sending the link for the mercury glass to my cousin! Something we can do together.
Love the frozen cool whip idea. I wonder what it would be like for other holidays? A little orange food coloring and a pumpkin shaped cookie cutter might be fun on pumpkin pie.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
What an amazing list of things to help us celebrate. Thank you Mary.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Yes. Thank you for all the nice links. Currently playing the music in the background while I read over MHH! :)

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Happy Rudolph Day!!!
Three Wise Men and a Baby was the Friday Night Christmas Hallmark movie last night.
Definitely my fav that I watched this past season.
It's a re-watch for sure!!

Can't believe we are 3 months in!

Annie

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Happy Rudy Day to you all. I am out and about today but did do some Christmas activities yesterday.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
The hot cocoa party is going on my list for Dec., along with the Cool Whip cutouts. Watched Three Men and a Baby last night. Was one of my favs this past winter and was thrilled to get to watch it again. Many thanks, and Happy Rudy Day!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Happy Rudolph Day!
Three Wise Men and a Baby was the Friday Night Christmas Hallmark movie last night.
I'm sorry that I missed letting everyone know about that! I didn't get to do anything Christmasy today. Instead I was changing passwords and dh was deleteing files off the pc. I fell prey to a scam that was so legit looking. I feel stupid but they got me. I'm listening to the Christmas music to calm myself.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
2022 09 25 Bitmoji (20).png
Happy Rudy Day one day late! LOL
I didn't do anything yesterday ... so today, I will. I have previously watched the posted videos and such ... yeah ... cool whip cut outs!! Who knew!!

@AnnieClaus That was the cutest movie!!! :)
@Holiday_Mom I hope the music helped. I'm sure most of us have been there done that ... me included. It sucks.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Missed doing anything but thought about it all day.