March Decluttering

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Allen took all the shoes out of the closet in the laundry room and I got rid of 4 pairs and I think he threw 3 or 4 in. I have another pair in my room to go out.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Is it just me or is this decluttering a never ending process... :)

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
We tackled the garage over the weekend. We moved into our house at the end of Oct and with it being so close to the holidays and winter we still had not unpacked everything. We managed to unpack a few more boxes/totes, throw some stuff out, organize the outside fall, halloween, thanksgiving and Christmas decoration and get them put away in the attic over the garage.

We have a pile of boxes that we still need to go through, a pile for he yard sale and a pile for donations. We still have a lot left to do but we at least got the half of the garage space back. Hoping to be able to go through and empty one box/tote a week.

The shed still needs to be cleaned and organized but that will be done sometime in April/May.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I agree Ginger, a never ending process. I am much further ahead then I have ever been though. Once I started decluttering I have tried really hard to keep on top of it. There are still problem spots but certainly better than say 3 years ago.

Over the weekend I went through all the personal papers and shredded them.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
It IS never-ending but like Katrina way better than 3 years ago!

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I too am better than 3 years ago. DS is becoming a bit more of a hoarder of things though!

I now find it easier to get rid of stuff that I once would have kept as a just in case I need it.

Not memories or important items but inconsequential things like food storage jars in weird sizes that I have never used and will never use. Im am now much better at if I have not used it since the last time I decluttered this area then I don't really need it or want it.

I am also much better at putting things in their place- since I created a place for everything to go! Once upon a time I would just walk through the house and put clutter in random drawers and not have any idea where things were.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Tanya, i think that is the answer. Make sure things have a place to live.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
ds decluttered 5 pairs of pants and 2 pairs of shorts yesterday :)

I decluttered some cheap jewelry and stuff that was broken in there.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Went through a whole dresser drawer FULL of DS school papers - got rid of 99% and saved the art projects I really wanted - just a few things. Feels good to have that DONE!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Entry closets are cleaned up.
Decluttered 1 coat, 1 hat, 1 scarf and one pair of snow pants. wish dh would get rid of some caps! we have TONS of those.