March Menu Plans

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

homemade4me

MHH Member
Jun 30, 2020
San Diego County
Husband has been cooking dinner since he got laid off a couple months ago. Usually meat potatoes, veggie, salad

I am off today so I thought homemade pizza. Went to Wal Mart for pizza sauce and mozzarella, pepperoni, green onions and mushrooms......thought quick and easy .....loaf of their italian bread for the crust.

I just ran across online a King Arthur Pizza flour that was said to be a good choice for homemade pizza crust.......I am going to look into it.....!!

Laurie

2021 word Joy

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Husband has been cooking dinner since he got laid off a couple months ago. Usually meat potatoes, veggie, salad

I am off today so I thought homemade pizza. Went to Wal Mart for pizza sauce and mozzarella, pepperoni, green onions and mushrooms......thought quick and easy .....loaf of their italian bread for the crust.

I just ran across online a King Arthur Pizza flour that was said to be a good choice for homemade pizza crust.......I am going to look into it.....!!

Laurie

2021 word Joy
Love making pizza at home, or picking up a cheese pizza and adding on to it at home. I've not used King Arthur before (not a common brand in my area), but will have to keep an eye out for pizza flour. I've used some of the "bistro" pizza crusts that are located near the crescent rolls and biscuits, and really like them. They come on parchment and you just need to unroll them. If I do place the dough on a pan or stone, I will typically sprinkle the pan with a little cornmeal to help prevent sticking.

When I'm feeling creative, I'll sometimes do BBQ sauce, topped with chopped leftover chicken, onions, and peppers, topped with a blend of mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Or sometimes I'll use a drizzle of olive oil in place of sauce, sprinkle with a little garlic powder, and add diced ham (from leftovers) and pineapple tidbits, a few diced red onions, and a sprinkle of crushed red pepper, topped with mozzarella cheese.

OK, now I'm thinking about changing up my dinner menu for tonite ... hungry for pizza.

homemade4me

MHH Member
Jun 30, 2020
San Diego County
Love making pizza at home, or picking up a cheese pizza and adding on to it at home. I've not used King Arthur before (not a common brand in my area), but will have to keep an eye out for pizza flour. I've used some of the "bistro" pizza crusts that are located near the crescent rolls and biscuits, and really like them. They come on parchment and you just need to unroll them. If I do place the dough on a pan or stone, I will typically sprinkle the pan with a little cornmeal to help prevent sticking.

When I'm feeling creative, I'll sometimes do BBQ sauce, topped with chopped leftover chicken, onions, and peppers, topped with a blend of mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Or sometimes I'll use a drizzle of olive oil in place of sauce, sprinkle with a little garlic powder, and add diced ham (from leftovers) and pineapple tidbits, a few diced red onions, and a sprinkle of crushed red pepper, topped with mozzarella cheese.

OK, now I'm thinking about changing up my dinner menu for tonite ... hungry for pizza.
Oh both your pizza ideas sound great.......I think I will try both!!

Laurie

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I have some great pizza crust recipes. I also use some pre-made dough that I buy from Aldi in the refrigerator section. The kids love it!

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Homemade pizza here tonight. I use king Arthur flour (regular and bread type) all the time and have been very happy with it. I’ve not tried any of the other varieties. I’ve used their pizza crust recipes with great success too. They have a terrific catalog but I find their shipping fees a little high.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
March 28 - April 3
Sunday -- leftover spaghetti w/ Italian sausage
Monday -- tomato and vegetable tart, salad
Tuesday -- grilled chicken breast, seasoned rice, brussels sprouts, salad
Wednesday -- BBQ country ribs in the crock pot, oven roasted sweet potato wedges, cole slaw
Thursday -- fish, roasted potatoes, cole slaw
Friday -- Good Friday, a day of fasting (likely tomato soup and a salad)
Saturday -- sausage and green olive pizza, salad

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
March 29 – April 4
  • Monday ~ Leftovers
  • Tuesday ~ BBQ whole chicken
  • Wednesday ~ Shrimp; salad
  • Thursday ~ Leftovers
  • Friday ~ Local Myth pizza
  • Saturday ~ (Lake)
  • Sunday ~ Easter brunch at the lake (find out if it’s potluck)
Lake ideas: Stromboli; Fish tacos;

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Menu 3/28-4/3

Sunday~Spiced Pork Chops and Rice Pilaf
Monday~Dance Night ~Sub from our favorite sub shop
Tuesday~Wings and Homemade Fries
Wednesday~Kielbassi, Potato and Green Bean Soup
Thursday~Cheese Steak Sandwiches and Chips
Friday~Potato Soup and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Saturday~Ritz Chicken and Cheesy Potatoes

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
So, I feel it's salad time now that spring is coming .... can you tell?? LOL I got romaine, spinach & arugula mix, shredded carrots, chopped boiled eggs and ham, onions, grape tomatoes, diced zucchini ....

3/26 Chicken Nuggets on Salad
3/27 Pancakes, Eggs, and Sausage for breakfast; DINNER OUT - new Mexican place!! YUM
3/28 Grilled Ham & Egg Cheese breakfast sandwich and Hash brown; Aldi's Deli Pizza and Salad for dinner
3/29 Taco Monday
3/30 Spicey Fish Bites, Baked Beans, Salad
3/31 Pierogis and Salad
4/1 Bechamel Sauce over Bread (from the bread machine!)
4/2 Aldi's Deli Pizza and Salad
4/3 Pancakes, Eggs, and Sausage for breakfast; Bacon cheese hamburgers and salad for dinner

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
.......I looked at my Aldi tonight for the pre made dough, I may have missed it but i will look next trip also.... Thanks teachermomof2!

Laurie

2021 Joy
Same here. I regularly shop Aldi for my dairy, lunchmeat and cheeses, and their pre-made pizza and garlic cheese bread, and I've not seen pre-made pizza dough. Is it in a tube, vacuum sealed, or box or bag like pie crust? Would love to try it.

homemade4me

MHH Member
Jun 30, 2020
San Diego County
Same here. I regularly shop Aldi for my dairy, lunchmeat and cheeses, and their pre-made pizza and garlic cheese bread, and I've not seen pre-made pizza dough. Is it in a tube, vacuum sealed, or box or bag like pie crust? Would love to try it.
I went on the Aldi website, just found the take and bake mama cozzi pizzas, there was a header that said "due to increased demand, not all items may be available" ........we will just have to keep looking I guess.....

Laurie

2021 Joy