March Personal Life Goals

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Marriage:
[ ] Do monthly date night.

Family:
[ ] Continue Family Sunday Dinner
[ ] Do one Family breakfast this month

Friends:
[ ] Host Game Night Carry in Dinner March 29th
[ ] Play Trivia as group for fundraiser

Self:
[ ] Continue to work on exercise program
[ ] Increase water intake
[ ] Do Celebrate Me on the 15th

Home:
[ ] Room a Month Challenge: Master Bedroom

Work:
[ ] Finish guidance surveys
[ ]Get report ready for school board

Hobbies
[ ] Work on Celebrate Me art journal (4 pages this month)
[ ] Do one altered art project off the Artistic 8s

Spiritual:
[ ]Start a Journey with God journal {This is a carry over from February}

For those you you that don't set monthly personal life goals...I strongly encourage you to do so. Even when they do not get accomplioshed...it helps me remember what my priorities are!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
OOPs my celebrate me should be tomorrow need to think of something.

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
Marriage-getting discouraged with date nights as it has been my goal all year and we haven't had one yet. :frown: Try one more month.

Family-continue supper at the table together. Dye some eggs together.

friends-{ :bunny: } e-mail friend I've lost touch with and { :bunny: }mail goodies for cyber-twin!

self- make sure I get walks in. Continue good work on diet.{ :bunny: } Get some milk thistle.

home-get kitchen spring cleaned and plans for reno done. Finish one side of boys room.

hobbies- { :bunny: }Do a write up for a basket of the month

spiritual-{ :bunny: }find a good uplifting book.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Marriage- We did really well in February, although we hit a lull about mid-way through. We must have talked ourselves out for a bit. The goal for this month is to continue to communicate openly.

Family- Deep breaths……breathe……..before speaking. Try not to yell. It worked well for a day or two last month and then back to the norm. I also want to do more fun things with the kids, like crafts and playing outside when the weather warms up.

Friends- I didn’t get together with my closer friend this month, but I did speak to another friend in TX that I haven’t spoken to since before Christmas. I did stay in touch with my other TX friend though. My goal for this month is to continue to keep in touch.

Self- I have been exercising religiously since January. I exercise 6 days a week and on my rest day I do a 10 minute abdominal routine. My goal for this month is to walk everyday, weather permitting, and continue exercising 6 days a week. Increase water intake and continue to try eating healthier.

Home- I haven’t really followed through with any of my goals for this area last month. This month I want to start spring cleaning. Hopefully the weather will warm up and I can tackle the garage.

School- I actually did procrastinate this last semester and felt the effects. For my upcoming semester, I NEED to stay on top of everything because both of my classes are going to be so difficult and writing intensive. NO PROCRASTINATING!!!!

Hobbies- I worked on a Christmas Notebook for a gift, however, I wanted to do more than that. My goal for this month is to make a felt daisy, recover a binder, and sew something, anything….

Spiritual- Once again, this area got put on the back burner. I really need to work on this. I desperately want to get back in tune with my path and learn more about it. This month my goal is to set aside one hour a week to read from one of my books or practice with my cards.

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Marriage - date afternoon
Family - family night; have a few family activites scheduled for the last few days of Lent
Friends - 15th-game night; relatives from Germany here 9th-25th; extended family Easter (60+ people-yikes!)
Self - walk at least 10 miles each week; do weights 2-3 times per week
Volunteering - plan (2) March AHG meetings; 10th-kindergarten class; 10th & 31st-school cafeteria
Hobbies - still haven't gotten to my craft supplies-declutter & organize!; create 2 scrapbook layouts; make reward ladder
Spiritual - continue with Lenten prayers/activities

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
bunnylove I love that so many of you are giving special time for your spouses. I never realized the importance of that and I am now in recovery with my dh after discovering he was having a year-long affair. And (of course) it ruined my Christmas because I discovered receipts the day before and he admitted it the day after. I am following the teachings of Dr. Harley from his website: http://www.marriagebuilders.com
Never forget to give your spouses that extra time every week/month!
~From someone who learned the hard way!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Wadeallie... my thoughts are with you. You can survive!

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
Yes..we are surviving, one-day-at-a-time. When one spouse refuses to communicate an unhappiness and looks for an easy way out, it means instant trouble for the marriage. He realized on new Year's Day how much he would lose and he came back. We are in marriage counseling but when she states "communication is key" I also turn to that website for info on the mechanics behind why affairs happen and the steps to recovery.

I always say that life is a roadway and you find solutions to problems (sometimes) even before the problem arises. Like meeting someone and then this is the one person who can solve an issue in your life. It's preordained. I found the OC site in August when dh was first acting bizarre and thanks to all the assistance with organizing my life, and getting ready early, this was the best and most relaxed Christmas I have EVER had! My shopping was finished early, all the decorating went smoothly and I was able to put the extra energy into my marital issues. Thank you for being here!

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
***I should clarify..
The Christmas holiday was wonderful prior to discovering dh affair. From then on it wasn't very fun. I do thank you for these sites!!!!

crazymo

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
Little Falls, Mn
Here are my March goals-

Marriage- Do something special for our anniversary on the 15th.

Self- Need to get back on a daily vitamin schedule, and start a regular schedule of upper body exercises

Family- Continue with at least weekly sit down suppers with nice dishes, candles, grace and the works.

Friends- Have not spent time with my best friend since Christmas so I need to set up a dinner/shopping trip with her.

Home- My project for this month is to frame and hang a bunch of family pictures in the entryway. I want to have a little family gallery there!

Hobbies- Continue to work on Celebrate Me scrapbook and I want to decoupage the wood letters HOME and I may do my initial and hubby's initial to hang in our bedroom too.

Spiritual- Continue with weekly Bible Study at Church and daily devotional and prayer journaling. Also celebrate the resurrection of our Lord on Easter!!!

Last month was the first month I tried the monthly goals and I was amazed how much I accomplished by having these goals written down. I hope this month is as successful! chick1

mammaduke

Retire Member
Jan 19, 2008
Rochester,NY
Here are my personal goals for March:

Marriage: date night with D/H
Have more communication

Family: Spend more time with mom & daughters
Have gatherings just to be together.

Friends: Make sure to get letters or calls to all friends

Self: Learn how to handle stress better.
Keeping up with my weight loss plan.
continue walking for exercise.

Home: Finish my bedroom & get it all wallpapered.
Get the painting done in living room.

Work: I don't work now.

Hobbies:Finish my Easter centerpieces for everyone.
work on my cross stitch.

Spiritual:Restart our nightly Bible readings D/H & myself

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
My first goal, is to come to this site more often. :flower:

Marriage: Monthly date night. (We went bowling in Feb & it was fun, even though I can't bowl very well.) For March-maybe bowling again or a movie.
Family: Continue with my monthly Family Dinner Day and not to forget to take pictures!!!!
Friends: Lunch once a month or maybe getting together for scrapping.
Self: Get back to a regular exercise program and to follow the Weight Watchers program again.
Home: Thoroughly clean one room per month. If I didn't work full time, I could do more, but this way I feel I'll be able to accomplish it. If I can do more, I'll do more.
Work: Carry on....
Hobbies: Continue a scrap book for each child with my song themes
Spritual: Attend church more
Financial: Save money each month toward Christmas and a vacation.
Volunteer/Fund raising: Continue to raise money for our Relay For Life team. The relay is in June, so I have plenty of time to meet the goal I set for myself.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Marriage:
Continue Monthly date night

Family:
have a family game night and movie night

Friends:
host friends for Scrapbooking Evening

Self: