March TTR recipes....

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register
Okay so continuing with our schedule March is breakfast month. Holidays are full of BIG meals for DInner and sometimes we are so busy prepping for them in the morning that we neglect having a nice breakfast for our family!!! So here are some recipes that might be wonderful to add to your holiday menus!!!

For GP day here are the Pumpkin Pancakes I have made for dinner the past 2 Halloweens...I didn't make the topping because the kids definitely won't like it but the pancakes they LOVED!!!
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pumpkin-Pa ... etail.aspx

For Thanksgiving I usually make Blueberry muffins for breakfast so my dad can have blueberry something because he is the only one who likes blueberry pie and he never eats the whole pie and I hate waste....Anyway this year I want to try and make a blueberry coffee cake...I have another recipe somewhere but here is a quick one I can try this month from Paula Deen....
http://www.recipezaar.com/127740

Okay and I wanted to add a casserole dish to the mix. I found this Apple FRench Toast Casserole that sounds delish!!!
http://www.recipezaar.com/31167

So we have Pancakes, a Coffee Cake, and a Casserole!!1 Have a wonderful breakfast with your families!!!

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
That baked apple French toast casserole sounds divine, but I don't know if my boys would go for it. It looks easy enough to half though if I wanted it for a couple of mornings for me. :bunny:

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Apple French Toast Casserole

I wish I would have read this recipe yesterday. I could have made the casserole last night for Sunday morning brunch! It sounds so yummy!

Thanks for sharing!

Lisa

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
These sound great, christmascreations! And perfect timing for me. I will have cousins from Germany staying for over a week and I told them I would provide breakfast each morning and an occassional dinner -the rest of the meals they are on their own.

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
Guess I'll go with the french toast casserole. Hubby won't eat pumpkin or blueberries. If I don't use the word "casserole", he may eat that! ;-)

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I will definitely try the coffee cake and the french toast casserole. I am going to try the pumpkin pie pudding tonight. I have it all mixed up right now but have misplaced my pumpkin pie spice. Got it out this a.m. to make sure I had some before going grocery shopping and left it on the bar BUT............. now it is gone. CAN'T FIND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
I'll definately be trying the Pumpkin pancakes, absolutely love pumpkin. Will also try the casserole. Have printed the recipes already and can't wait to give them a go. Have been looking forward to this as I couldn't take part last month as I don't have a crockpot.

:shamrock:

Snowbelle27 said:
I'll definately be trying the Pumpkin pancakes, absolutely love pumpkin. Will also try the casserole. Have printed the recipes already and can't wait to give them a go. Have been looking forward to this as I couldn't take part last month as I don't have a crockpot.

:shamrock:

Oh Snowbelle you need a crock pot. I bought mine at a garage sale one of my neighbors was having. It is the best thing I ever bought. I originally bought it to hold melted chocolate for when I make my S'mores on a stick. But as soon as I heard everyone at OC talking about their meals in crockpots I began my recipe search and look forward to making more new recipes. I now want another one-there are newer ones that have sealed lids for when I transport the filled crockpot. I am always bringing crockpot dinners to my grandfathers house and sometimes the fluids from like corned beef overflow a little when I hit different hills,angles, and turns on the road while driving!!! Our local goodwill always has about 2 in stock whenever I go there (I go about once a month). The prices are prety reasonable and reasonable enough to put on your gift list of items you want. But I promise you it will be the best investment in the kitchen...(besides a kitchenaid...lol)

mainesnowangel said:
The apple french toast casserole was delicious!! It will become one of our Christmas morning dishes, and it is SO easy!! Thanks for sharing! chick1

I added the polls for the recipes so please rate the recipe. Glad you enjoyed it I am going to try it this weekend since I am off from work (at one of my jobs) and can enjoy a nice breakfast with the family!!!