May 2020 Rudolph Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Myron's Mom has once again stepped up to host our Rudolph Day fun so watch this space for the titles of the movie, book, magazine, blog, You Tube craft or cooking video and Pinterest idea going up soon.

If you're getting some glorious spring weather, take your planner and laptop or tablet out into the garden or onto your patio and things all things merry and bright. If you're in the Northeast, however, bundle up, I see plenty of the white stuff is in the forecast. Stay safe!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Looking forward to Rudy Day. I have a lot of planning to do for alternate Covid-19 Christmas, tidying of the gift closet and just enjoying the day. Although lately I have been doing more of a Rudy Week.
I also need to start planning my Rudy Day activities as I am hosting June.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Welcome to May’s Rudolph Day picks. I feel like the months are flying by, is any one else feeling that way? Who knew that some of us would be decorating for summer while it’s snowing outside. I guess it goes with the very “different” year we are all having.

Book: A Colebridge Quilted Christmas by Ann Hazelwood. Published by the American Quilters Society. My friend Lynn got me hooked on this author. This is actually the last of a series but a great book.

Movies: The Christmas Story (1983). All about Ralphie and the Red Ryder BB gun. This movie reminds me of what Christmas was like growing up. My favorite scene- waking up Christmas morning. This movie plays continuously on Christmas morning at my house.
If you are not a Christmas Story fan-
The Santa Suit (2010). A Hallmark movie with Kevin Sorbo. One of my husbands favorites.

Magazines: Does anyone remember the Crafts and Things magazine from the 80’s? They had a multitude of different craft ideas. The Halloween, Christmas and Easter editions were always the best.

Blog: I’m not sure how I found this site. An absolute best collection of crochet snowflake patterns for free. Neat photography and a few virus funny’s that I hadn’t seen.

http://www.snowcatcherphotos.com/blahg/patterns/SnowcatcherSnowflakeDirectory.html

You Tube: This is the Shabby fabric tutorial on how to make “quilted” ornaments. No sewing, just a styrofoam ball, fabric and pins. This idea has been around for awhile but it makes some pretty ornaments.

This is another take on the quilted ornament using ribbon. She also demonstrates how to mark the ball so you don’t have to “eyeball” it.

I am anxious to try the following ornaments using the glitter foam. They look pretty easy. There is no audio directions but it’s a great demo. She must be using a low heat glue gun, I would never get away with using bare fingers with mine!

Another Shabby Fabric video, this one on making Pocket Prayer Quilts. I would like to make these to go with the Christmas quilts I’m making. I could use leftover fabric from the quilts.

I am no longer on Pinterest due to a hacking problem. I love to search for anything and everything. I hope that you will enjoy some of my finds.

Everyone has been talking about making things for gifts this year. Here are 2 sites with bath and shower bomb recipes.

https://rufflesandrainboots.com/bath-bombs-and-shower-fizzies/

https://www.diys.com/bath-and-shower-bombs/

I love to bake. These are 2 of my favorite finds. Beautiful cookies, professional recipes and directions on how to decorate. I have seen sweet sugar belle products at Tuesday Morning.

https://www.sweetsugarbelle.com/

https://www.lilaloa.com/2019/05/how-to-make-decorated-blood-pressure.html?m=1

And last- I just found this one. Her Way Back Wednesday post includes home made fondant. Looks easy and tasty. The May 5th post contains the the link for the official Doubletree Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe. I’ve not had them but I hear that they are amazing, the best chocolate chip cookie ever I’ve been told. I think I need to bake some cookies!

https://www.bakeat350.net/?m=1

Enjoy! And Happy Rudolph Day!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
MM, what a month of delight you have sent our way. I am looking forward to visiting all the sites.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
Oh my goodness, LilaLoa made me laugh out loud - the post with the blood pressure cuff cookies video is so funny! Finding her little girl's favorite applesauce in the grocery store had me almost rolling on the floor.

I made those no-sew quilted ornaments years ago. I've been wanting to make some more. Thank you for the video.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I always thought those quilt ornaments were sewn! Thanks for sharing them.
I actually made these for Christmas gifts years before marriage and kids!! And I have two on my tree every year that I made. Boy! They are old!!! LOL Loved seeing this post about making them!!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Oh. I’m slow. May’s Ruddy Day is also Memorial Day. Not ... that we are going anywhere or gathering with anyone ... o_O

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Looking forward to Rudy Day tomorrow, it is a work day for me. I will start a new craft project this afternoon, that will make me happy.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Just sampled some of the Shortbread from the recipe in our Rudy's Day book. I used gluten free flour and it worked out ok. Excellent. Will be making it again. I'll use it for Strawberry or Raspberry Shortcake.

Reactions: luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Happy Rudy Day to you all. I hope that it is a great day.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I didn't do anything yesterday as DH was home from work and we three did a home toilet repair job (replace wax seal), played cards, watched a show, grilled hotdogs for dinner. But the day before, I enjoyed watching the YouTube video on tiny prayer quilts. Wondering about doing it with a C2C (corner to corner) crochet stitch and using a cross applique. I am gonna do more Ruddy Day today ... Tuesday.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Thanks for sharing those links Myron's Mom. :) I enjoyed looking through them. The crocheted snow flakes were amazing to me.

Reactions: jampss