May 2021 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I am so looking forward to the day that the MHH bus gets to my house for all the extra power for house, yard and sheds!!!! We get started and boom bottom falls out! Now a few more items coming in from Aunt Imogene and Aunt Millie.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
We have to get back to decluttering. Too much stuff in this house. I ask for a OUTSIDE hanging basket of flowers for Mothers day.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
That’s what we need, a bus trip to tackle everybody's house!!!
I need to get back to work too. The big garage, the shed and I suppose the attached garage too (again). My house, except for my husbands side of the basement is in good shape finally.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I decluttered my clothing drawers. Dh cleaned out the shed this weekend. I think for May, I will do a 15 minutes a day declutter of the garage.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I think for May, I will do a 15 minutes a day declutter of the garage.
That sounds like a good plan!

I was sharing with my step-ma about the Minimalist Moms semi capsule wardrobe idea ....

I have done the semi capsule wardrobe for about two weeks now. It's going well! I still have that bag of clothes that I will donate if I don't think I need anything from it.

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I still have to figure out my summer wardrobe. I foresee some more clothing leaving the house mostly because they are looking tired and need to be replaced. I do not like clothes shopping. It should be a good time to get fall/winter clothes at bargain prices. If I don't find what I like I will have to wait until fall I guess. I should be good for spring/summer.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Discussing with DH about getting a skip bin and really giving the garage and yard a thorough clean up. Coming into Winter but it shouldn't take us long to do once we get the skip.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Thrift stores are closed ... so keeping all donations in bag .
Got more stuff out of the basement today... grrr basement looks like a dumping place again. tomorrow will take pictures of a small white-wicker LR kid's set and put it up for sale if ddil doesn't want it. dd doesn't want us to keep it. Also have more baby clothes to go through.

DH is working on his garage

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Discussing with DH about getting a skip bin and really giving the garage and yard a thorough clean up. Coming into Winter but it shouldn't take us long to do once we get the skip.
I am gonna guess a "skip bin" is a big garbage dumpster thingy? :)

Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am gonna guess a "skip bin" is a big garbage dumpster thingy? :)
Yes Jampss. Don't know why they call it a skip??? Must be a reason. Dumpster seems to make much more sense.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Went back through Easter as I put things away and through the summer things. Ended up with a large bag to take to the thrift shop. Husband thinned out his shirts too.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lucie, that is a beautiful set, I am sure the new owners will love it.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I sent some ink cartridges and soda/beer tabs to school with Teigan. School collects them for money. We don't drink soda or have beer here but several save cans for Teigan so I take off the tabs.

Jaymee took a few things home.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I understand the grrrr.... but am happy the house is sold. I have found that the space I cleared up with my big clean out fill very quickly when my mom passed. I now look at my house and think there is to much in here and DH says I like it. It doesn't look bad but there is so much. I had to realize that he lives here too and I need to compromise. He did that a lot when I was getting rid of things. Find peace with it for now. Does DH have siblings to take on some of the stuff. He could always tell them if no one wants it they can help sell it or donate it. Sorry, you are dealing with it too.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Jody, dh's sister took what they wanted . There are a few things he is willing to sell... I will take the occasion to try to get him to get rid of more of our things at the same time. Now if those things could sell instead of cluttering up the basement and garage

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Ahh, the point being they need to help with what they don’t want. It’s fine to come in and take what they want but not okay to leave the rest for him to take care of. My guess is your DH is a very layback kinda guy and it gets done when it get done. You are probably like me, why are we dealing with this stuff still?