May 2021 Rudolph Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
Movie - “Christmas in the City” (a Hallmark movie, on Prime). With the threat of having to close her father‘s candy store, Wendy and her six-year-old daughter Grace travel to the big city in hopes of making extra holiday cash to save the store.

Book - “One Charmed Christmas“ by Sheila Roberts. Catherine Pine is hoping this year’s Christmas is a bit more jolly than last year’s. A good friend invites her on a Christmas cruise to lift her spirits. Suddenly every day is an adventure and she’s making a bunch of new friends. Dr. Rudy Nichols and his two-legged lump of coal guard-dog daughter. Hypochondriac Sophie Miles. Chocolatier Trevor March. Who knows what Santa has in store for these holiday travelers?

Magazine - Many years ago I bought craft magazines that had a variety of crafts in each issue. Craft magazines today are specialized (ie quilting, beading, knitting, etc). I found the magazine Prima Christmas Makes (from the UK) at my library. Each issue has a delightful variety of ideas on a multitude of topics. I encourage you to look into magazines for a theme that interests you.

Cooking - YouTube video - How to make easy cream puffs by Natasha’s Kitchen.

Sewing - YouTube video - How to Sew Zipper Pouch - easy beginner sewing project by Melly Sews.

Home beautification - Pinterest - I Built a “Mom Cave” And Here’s Why You Should Too.

Personal Care - YouTube video - How to make pink peppermint bubbling bath soak by The O’Neil Sisters.

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Deb, what an an amazing list of things to celebrate Rudy Day. The movie sounds nice, I will see if I can find it.

Reactions: jampss

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
@GrammaDeb This looks fun! Thank you so much. :)

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I can’t get past the cream puffs!!!!! I see those in my future.
Ive not seen the movie or ever heard of that magazine. Will be checking them out.
Thank you for the wonderful post.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Thank you! Some nice ideals. I love making cream puffs. I would like to get the thingy to do cream horns.
Oooooh! Now there is something I hadn't thought of in years .... Cream Horns! My grandmother would buy and bring those! YUM

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
The puffs look WONDERFUL!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Cream horns were always a favourite here, delicious. I believe you need a special "mold" to make them.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Happy Rudolph Day!
Thank you GrammaDeb for hosting!

I'm excited to watch the movie!

Annie

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Happy Rudy day to you all. I am working extra this week but will certainly find time to enjoy all that GrammaDeb has found for us.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I love that photo Lucie. I have scheduled some time for Mum and I to get Santa photos done this year, she will love it.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I learned something new while watching the bath salt video. Citric acid is available to the public. I had no idea. Where would one find citric acid in the store? Would that be in a grocery store or a pharmacy?

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
I learned something new while watching the bath salt video. Citric acid is available to the public. I had no idea. Where would one find citric acid in the store? Would that be in a grocery store or a pharmacy?
Some grocery stores carry it in the canning section. Perhaps Target, Hobby Lobby, pharmacies, health food stores, Amazon. I’ve used it for summer citrus drinks, like lemonade.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Would that be in a grocery store or a pharmacy?
They stock it in our supermarket near the bi-carb soda and baking powder. I use it for cordials and also cleaning the toilet lol.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I get it in bulk at a local family run grocery. I had used it to make a DIY dishwasher powder.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul