May 9 - May 22 family Room

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Hi. Are you following this thread?

OK. We are in the Family Room. How is your Family Room doing? Would you LIKE to make any changes for SUMMER? (Or for winter -- in the Southern Hemisphere!) Do you LIKE your Family Room? Does it work for you?

I DO like my Family Room. We have lived here for a long time. My dh actually PHYSiCALLY built our Family Room -- our house did not have one! It is the room we spend most of our "relaxing" time in. It is where my dh's big new TV is! (Less than a year old.) It is where our dining room table is -- where big family dinners qre held. AND -- we use that table for buffet food -- when we have parties.

I don't know if we can do much more in the Family Room. I'll think about it.... and let you know.

Last edited:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
One thing that I can do for the Famiy Room -- is to keep the dining room table clean and keep a small vase of fresh flowers in the middle of the table. It just seems important to me to keep flowers during summer. And..... that really doesn't make sense..... because there are lots of flowers outside during the summer! So..... why would I "need" them inside?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Not much to do in there until we redecorate... got big plans but just don't know when they'll get done.

Flowers inside the house smell so good!! they put some 'umpff' in the house.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I don't have a family room but I am in the middle of redecorating the dining room. I am planning to replace the long glass dining table out for a smaller, round table with a matching sidebar. I really need the sidebar for a place to store my holiday dishes, flatware and linen. Ikea has the perfect table and sidebar I'm looking for. Plus the table has an extra leaf so I can expand it for special ocassions. I plan to pick them up next weekend.

I also want to get a nice area rug which will add more color to the room. I'm keeping my parson chairs as they are in perfect condition. I may just get some nice chair covers for them for a different look.