May Goals

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Does anybody have any goals/projects they want to complete in the month of May?

I've been so busy the last couple of months that I want to reconnect with my house, get on a better schedule (mornings before work, evenings after work), and I want to spend more time hunkered down with a good book.

Annie

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
My main goal will be making sure the house stuff goes smoothly and we start packing up this house and decluttering as we go. We've decluttered some but definitely not enough.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finish spring cleaning! Finish DD's curtains! start on my Christmas crafts.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Jessica~my goals are the same as yours. :0) Gotta get packed up!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
To use the cold winter evenings to actually get ahead with crafts. I would like to spend the days by just tweaking things that don't work so well at the moment.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
May begins..... tomorrow! OK. Here are my May goals: (1) Get the garden planted before the June 1st cutoff date. (Usually just too hot after June 1st. Plants need to get their roots established before June 1st -- so they can take up enough water to survive the heat!)

(2) Begin the Summer Holiday Grand Plan. (This is the regular HGP that begins at the end of August.... WITHOUT the Christmas Prep things. So it is just going through the home, decluttering, and cleaning and "fixing things up".) Everyone is welcome to arrange the weekly assignments to best fit their own individual summer. For me -- the most difficult weeks should be put in May. May is usually cooler then the following months. Better for doing hard work.)

By the way, if you are interested in trying the HGP over the summer -- there is a section on the HGP (under Holiday Countdowns).

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
SN.. here my grandma used to say never plant your flowers before June 5th (even if there is nice weather before) because there is always a risk of freezing at night until that date.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
After reading about SparkleNanas summer HGP I have decided to join in. The next few months will be all about cleaning, organizing and tweaking my home. This is just what I need to give me a push to get myself through the winter with a purpose. I am looking forward to getting started

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Yea, sweetpumkinpye! I'm glad you will be joining in the fun!
Well, the work's not too fun but doing it with you all will make it SO MUCH BETTER!

Annie

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
To get DH, DDoggie and I out of our house for our trip to Alaska by the last week in May...
1) and not killing each other in the process
2) while forgetting as little as possible

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Annie - Great thread! I like the way you said you wanted to reconnect with your house. I love that thought! For those of you that are packing, I hope to unpack one box to your one packed box.

My goals for May are:

1. Get guest room cleaned and ready for inlaws one week stay in June.
2. Finish unpacking kitchen boxes or take them to storage.
3. Finalize hall paint selection and paint
4. Pick paint for master bedroom...paint...maybe
5. Go through kids drawers and cycle out clothes that no longer fit.

Santa_Elf

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Wylie, TX (NE of Dallas)
I'm not usually good at making goals, but this is the new me. So here goes.....

1) to complete the May weeks of the Summer HGP
2) to finish at least one quilt top for a Christmas present
3) to finish decorating my new apartment
4) to do my 'Daily Minimums'
5) Work on something Christmas everyday - May Rudy Month -hehe

OK so now I am going to hold myself accountable since I now have my list.

Eddie

Last edited:

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Goals for May:

[ ] put away off season bedding, drapes and throw pillows
[ ] wash windows and hang sheers
[ ] finish Spring Cleaning (I'm going to try the Summer HGP)
[ ] sort boys' clothing to donate, pack away
[ ] begin putting together CiJ boxes
[ ] enroll DS4 in swim class

that's all for now...

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Hallmer -- will you start a thread about your trip to Alaska? My dh REALLY wants to go there (cruise).... so I'd LOVE to hear all about your trip!!

Today is Wednesday, May 5th! Really hot and humid!!! I'm going to the First Wednesday Women's Night -- so I made a huge tray of taquitos (rolled up, crisp tacos filled with shredded beef!) Crispy and tasty, pick up and eat! Dh had a big salad -- and I have veggie hot dogs/rolls for him for when he gets hungry again.

I keep working away in the garden AND on the back porch. AND.... slowly cleaning &and decluttering the house. Baby steps. AND...... NOT letting the summer heat/humidity cause me to melt away into a little puddle!

Today... some rest -- because of the heat/humidity -- and because of going out tonight.

I have started a nice little journal -- about the Summer HGP -- which goes from May through August. The journal will list accomplishments (and plans/goals). It will be nice to look back and read about things I have DONE -- rather than looking around at all the things left to do!

Dakotasmamaw

Retire Member
SN.... DH and I have done the Alaska Cruise twice.. we have been on other cruises and the Alaska one has ruined us for all the others.. It is breathtaking beautiful, the people that cruise Alaska are more our generation and less of the wild type cruises.. We absolutely loved it.. also did the 10 day once, where part of the trip was train ride thru Alaska.. Do try to go at least once if you can.. you will never be sorry.

My May Goals

Mothers Day Craft ... bag is done.. doing an altered ClipBoard to go with ..with note cards
Sisters Birthday Craft.. bag is done.. doing an altered ClipBoard to go with with note cards
Daughters Birthday.. bag is done... $$ to go in bag
Wedding of Dear Friends daughter..$$ and Card
Niece, namesake and GodDaughters College Graduation... $$.. she will be heading to Paris after graduation to teach English in a High School there..
Memorial Weekend.. Abbey Road on The River.. 4 days of Beatle Tribute Bands from all over the world
De Clutter and prepare 2 Rooms to ready the house to list for sale next spring
Set the back yard, 3 decks and Pool for summer fun.. flowers in pots..
Prepare for DGDs 8th Birthday bash at our house in June.. Need to make 7 TuTus and Wings.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Dakotasmamaw -- because of your post, I have completely changed my attitude towards the Alaska Cruise. Before..... I was dragging my feet as hard as I could...... it just didn't appeal to me. (Even though dh really, really wanted it.) You have shown me how wonderful it can be.... and now.... I will actively begin to work to make it possible.

This shows me how precious our MHH Family is....... and how we work....... together. Together........ for the greater good. Through this Family..... I have precious, beloved people....... who speak HONESTLY and GENTLY to me. These people give me different perspectives on life........ in a patient and gentle way. They do NOT HURT me. They do not diminish me! They gently open my eyes to other ways of looking at situations in life.

If you do NOT post....... you are still a precious member of this MHH Family? Why? Because YOU spread the love and wisdom that we share here........ into your own life and your own circle. If you ever DO decide to post....... we will welcome you with open arms! But if your path is to read....... and to live........ that is one of the blessings of cyberspace. The world needs all the love and wisdom that you have to give! Whether you choose to post here at MHH.... or not.

A rose bush gives incredible beauty to the world. One person, alone, can appreciate its beauty. Or.... a hundred people can walk by that rose bush each day.... every one of those people drinking in its beauty. In cyberspace..... unlimited numbers of people can share the blessings of this MHh Board!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
May 14th. Back to my May Goals.

They are (1) get the garden planted before May 1st. (Progressing OK.) And (2) Do the Summer HGP. (Progressing OK.) And this week, on the Summer HGP, I am "working outside". So -- all the May goals are lined up this week.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Just revisiting my May goals:

-Finish spring cleaning! DONE
- Finish DD's curtains!
- start on my Christmas crafts.

Gotta do the other 2 may goals

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Progress report:

Goals for May:

[x] put away off season bedding, drapes and throw pillows
[x] wash windows and hang sheers
[ ] finish Spring Cleaning (I'm going to try the Summer HGP)
[x] sort boys' clothing to donate, pack away
[ ] begin putting together CiJ boxes
[x] enroll DS4 in swim class

that's all for now...

I'm already behind on the Summer Grand Plan! Yikes, time to step it up a notch! I will work on my CiJ boxes next weekend for Rudy Day!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
May 16th. My goals for May are pretty modest -- and that is working out well. Getting started -- and continuing with the Summer HGP is the big one. My goals for the Summer HGP are pretty modest too. Sort of -- to NOT be farther behind at the end of summer than I was at the beginning of summer! Basically to keep up with everything -- and to make tiny Baby Steps of Progress where possible.