May Menu Plans

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
We're trying to do some meal planning right after dinner and we're sure not hungry enouth to do it now, so leaving some blanks. Monday and Tuesday we've already eaten!

May 3-9
  • Monday ~ Steak; baked potatoes; roasted vegies on the grill
  • Tuesday ~ Soft tacos
  • Wednesday (travel day) ~ Mulligawney (for me); canned chili (for DH)
  • Thursday ~ Seattle style (broth-based) Clam chowder (from the freezer)
  • Friday ~ Chicken and cabbage stir fry
  • Saturday ~ Pork chops; salad
  • Sunday ~ TBD
Ideas: BLTs; French toast or sourdough pancakes

Last edited:
Reactions: jampss

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I had my weeks menu done. Dh thought he’d wipe off the menu board with a wet sponge. Doesn’t do well with a wet erase pen. I will start over tomorrow.

Yes to BLTs and French Toast.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
May 3-9
Monday, Sausages, Mashed Potato, Vegetables and Gravy

Tuesday, out for dinner.

Wednesday, Sausage Rolls, Mashed Potato, Mashed Pumpkin and Vegetables.

Thursday, Tacos, lettuce, corn, tomatoes, avocado, grated carrot, cheese. Sour cream and salsa.

Friday. Texan BBQ chicken (marinade from a packet). Corn cobs, boiled potato, broccoli. Soda stream drink.

Saturday, Toasted turkish roll with Ham, cheese and tomato.

Sunday, English Muffins with Bacon, egg and cheese. Hot chocolate.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Monday- Pancakes and sausage
Tuesday- Whatever night
Wednesday-
Thursday-
Friday-
Saturday-
Sunday-

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
It's been a crazy week, and I don't think it's going to let up ... Glad I planned my menu on Sunday!

May 3 - 9, 2021
Monday -- burgers on the grill, baked beans, mac salad
Tuesday -- hot dogs, leftover baked beans, mac salad (had carpenter coming for a quote, so needed something quick)
Wednesday -- Cinco de Mayo, with friends over for dinner -- chicken fajitas with toppings, Spanish rice, refried beans topped with cheese
Thursday -- leftover fajita fixings, either as tacos or over nacho chips
Friday -- spaghetti, salad, garlic bread
Saturday -- grab 'n go after a day of yardwork at my mother's house, unless we all eat dinner together at mom's or at a place near her place
Sunday -- dinner with my daughter (not sure where)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Please tell me how you prepare mashed pumpkin.
Jody, very easy.
Peel and cut the pumpkin. Boil until tender. Drain the water. Mash with a fork and add a little bit of butter, salt and pepper to taste. That's it.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
May 10-16
  • Monday ~ Leftovers
  • Tuesday ~ Dinner out (Lakehouse)
  • Wednesday ~ Joe’s Special
  • Thursday ~ Asian Lettuce Wrap Chicken; asparagus
  • Friday ~ Leftovers
  • Saturday ~ (Travel to DD's in Nebraska)
  • Sunday ~ DD's

Last edited:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Monday-Chicken salad made from leftovers
Tuesday-Seafood soup made from Mother’s day leftovers
Wednesday-Take out from Table65..I’ll have Vietnamese Egg Rolls

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
This week includes us getting our Meal Box kit, which we haven't done in a few weeks ...

Pork Chops

Indian Butter Chicken

Blackened Mahi Mahi Taco

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
This week will seem like a breeze in the kitchen, but it's always my hardest week of the year.

May 10 - 16, 2021
Monday
-- My former sister-in-law (husband's brother's ex-wife) is in town and we are meeting for lunch at Longhorn Steakhouse. We were very close during their 25-year marriage, and she is my daughter's Godmother. Dinner will be a light, if anything at all.
Tuesday -- Will be out of town visiting my late husband's gravesite. It's been 7 years, but it is a pilgrimage I make every May 11th (and several other times throughout the year; the year he passed, May 11th was on Mother's Day, which is why I say it's a difficult week). He's buried in my hometown, which is about 2 1/2 hours away. The cemetery is at the Catholic church where we were married and is where his parents and many family friends are buried. When he suddenly and unexpectedly passed away, at a location mid-way between here and there, I had to quickly decide on a funeral home and burial site, and that location seemed most peaceful and carried importance in our relationship. I'll likely stop at one of our favorite haunts in that area for a late lunch / early dinner before heading home.
Wednesday -- Orientation meeting with new members of my Widows & Widowers group, at a local sandwich shop, so will grab a bite while I'm there.
Thursday -- Dinner meeting with my Widows & Widowers group; I'm presenting details of a summer outing that's planned
Friday -- burgers on the grill and side salad????
Saturday -- grilled chicken, side salad, roasted veggies
Sunday -- meatloaf, mashed potatoes, salad -- my daughter and I had good conversation yesterday around her favorite childhood foods, and she mentioned meatloaf. And, she gave me a little fill-in-the-blank book for Mother's Day, entitled Things I Love About My Mom. Last evening when I got home, I read what she'd written In it. She wrote about learning to cook from me and how, as a child, she loved to watch me make meatloaf. I didn't know about what she wrote when we had our afternoon conversation. So, it seems appropriate to have meatloaf for Sunday dinner. Good memories, for sure!

Open the gift you are given every single day and love on everyone who is important to you. Time together is a gift, not a given.
Hugs,
Lori K

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
May 9-May 15

Sunday~Lime Herb Grilled Chicken, Macaroni and Cheese, Berry Salad and Rolls
Monday~Chicken Quesadillas and Corn
Tuesday~ BBQ Meatball Skewers with Rice
Wednesday~Juicy Baked Chicken Breasts
Thursday~BBQ Beef Sandwiches (slow cooker)
Friday~ Homemade Pizzas

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
This week will seem like a breeze in the kitchen, but it's always my hardest week of the year.

May 10 - 16, 2021
Monday
-- My former sister-in-law (husband's brother's ex-wife) is in town and we are meeting for lunch at Longhorn Steakhouse. We were very close during their 25-year marriage, and she is my daughter's Godmother. Dinner will be a light, if anything at all.
Tuesday -- Will be out of town visiting my late husband's gravesite. It's been 7 years, but it is a pilgrimage I make every May 11th (and several other times throughout the year; the year he passed, May 11th was on Mother's Day, which is why I say it's a difficult week). He's buried in my hometown, which is about 2 1/2 hours away. The cemetery is at the Catholic church where we were married and is where his parents and many family friends are buried. When he suddenly and unexpectedly passed away, at a location mid-way between here and there, I had to quickly decide on a funeral home and burial site, and that location seemed most peaceful and carried importance in our relationship. I'll likely stop at one of our favorite haunts in that area for a late lunch / early dinner before heading home.
Wednesday -- Orientation meeting with new members of my Widows & Widowers group, at a local sandwich shop, so will grab a bite while I'm there.
Thursday -- Dinner meeting with my Widows & Widowers group; I'm presenting details of a summer outing that's planned
Friday -- burgers on the grill and side salad????
Saturday -- grilled chicken, side salad, roasted veggies
Sunday -- meatloaf, mashed potatoes, salad -- my daughter and I had good conversation yesterday around her favorite childhood foods, and she mentioned meatloaf. And, she gave me a little fill-in-the-blank book for Mother's Day, entitled Things I Love About My Mom. Last evening when I got home, I read what she'd written In it. She wrote about learning to cook from me and how, as a child, she loved to watch me make meatloaf. I didn't know about what she wrote when we had our afternoon conversation. So, it seems appropriate to have meatloaf for Sunday dinner. Good memories, for sure!

Open the gift you are given every single day and love on everyone who is important to you. Time together is a gift, not a given.
Hugs,
Lori K
20210419_105220660_iOS.jpg

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
May 10th-16th.

Monday, Texas smoky chicken and mashed potato (from last week)

Tuesday, chicken and garlic parcels, potato gems and mixed veggies.

Wednesday, poppy seed chicken and broccoli.

Thursday, Honey and soy tray bake chicken with sweet potato, potato, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots.

Friday, left overs.

Saturday, soup and toast.

Lots of chicken this week as we had plenty in the freezer and wanted to use it up.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Monday-Chicken salad made from leftovers
Tuesday-Seafood soup made from Mother’s day leftovers
Wednesday-Take out from Table65..I’ll have Vietnamese Egg Rolls
Monday-Chicken Salad Bowls
Tuesday-Ordered take for lunch. Pizza dor DD at one place and Shrimp Cocktails at Azuls for LC and me. Excellent. Had some soup and bread for a late dinner.
Wednesday-Have to come up with a vegetarian dinner since LC will be here. I had something in mind the other day but I’ve lost it now. Lol

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
5/23-5/29

Sunday~ Veal Cutlets, Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans
Monday~Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
Tuesday~Oven Fried Chicken and Potato Salad
Wednesday~Cheeseburgers and Mac and Cheese
Thursday~Grilled Pork Chops, Pilaf and Carrots
Friday~ Take out?!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Monday and Tuesday DH choice
Wednesday, Ham,cheese and tomato croissants, potato gems.
Thursday, Chicken cordon bleu rissoles. mashed potato, broccoli and carrots (a new recipe)
Friday, steak and salad.
Saturday, traveling from farm so maybe toasted sandwich.
Sunday, pancakes, bacon and maple syrup.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
May 24 - 30, 2021
Monday -- baked Mostaccioli, meatballs, salad
Tuesday -- sloppy joes, mac salad, baked beans [possibly dinner with my sister and brother-in-law; niece is in labor, and depending on when she delivers and how her recovery is ... ]
Wednesday -- leftover Mostaccioli, meatballs, salad
Thursday -- dinner out with my widows group
Friday -- spending the day with my Mom, so will be either out with her, or I'll grab something on my way home
Saturday -- chicken on the grill, salad, grilled veggie skewers (summer squash, onions, peppers, mushrooms)
Sunday -- burgers on the grill, roasted potatoes, bean salad

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
May 24-30
  • Monday (travel home) ~ Lunch at the airport; Dinner: BLTs
  • Tuesday ~ Tacos
  • Wednesday ~ Chicken breasts (make extra for leftovers); salad
  • Thursday (travel to the lake) ~ Local Myth pizza
  • Friday (Jack & Karen?) ~ Sausalito sandwiches with leftover chicken
  • Saturday ~ TBD