May Rudolph Day 2012

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I just realized Friday is the 25th. It will be my first day off for the summer! We are packing that day to go to the camp for a family reuion, but I plan to take my notebook with me to work on it.

What do you plan to do this month?

I went and looked at the list of each month, and this is recipe month. I actually looked through some magazines while my students were watching the videos today that had Christmas recipes in them. I have a few breakfast recipes I need to try out.

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Since the spring cleaning is coming along fine, I,ll finally be getting some time to get things done. Not sure Rudy day will be this weekend since it is supposed to be SUPER HOT, but I do plan to start making some crafts soon... after all I did prep lots of ziploc bags - just need to do the stuff.

Have to start thinking of Halloween too. Pinning ideas is great but I need to do stuff too.

And Christmas in July is coming soon! :)

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i will watch some christmas movies and will make some cookies for the gkids. need to go thur my notebook

sierra_mtns

Retire Member
Oct 9, 2011
I have furlough that day, and thought I would go get the gold spray paint I need to paint the gallon bags of mini pine cones that I plan to use for Christmas ornaments. It can be my craft project for the long weekend.

I'm now down to finishing the last three of the 28 quilted Christmas ornaments I started after Christmas 2011. I will have them done by June 1 ----:smilegifts:

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Sierra Mts - great job on the ornaments!!!

I'm hoping that we'll be back from NJ early on Monday so I can work on my Christmas in July boxes (actually tote bags this year). Mostly I need to figure out what I already have vs. What I need. I need to get them ready to mail by June 20th.

MaryE

Retire Member
Feb 14, 2012
Richmond, Virginia
I worked on my Christmas Meals notebook yesterday and got my blog story posted for you all to see. I had already started the notebook last November and then the project crashed, so I did have a head start--the cover was done, and all the recipe cards were in my purchased plastic inserts. I spent some time yesterday creating the divider pages and cutting up some Christmas scrapbook paper to put in inserts. I am ready to go searching for good recipes and menus. I'd like to come up with some simple "10-minute" dinner ideas. Someone at work suggested soup and salads. I would like that, but hubby likes heartier fare. Come see my progress at http://rudydaynews.blogspot.com. I had great fun working on the pages yesterday (my day off) and hope to work on it a little this evening when I get home from work. Have a great day, everyone! Mary in VA

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
sierra Mtns WTG on the projects!!!!

Colleen enjoy your wk-end

Jane, I am very sorry about your BIL. Prayers to all.

It is about 6 here. I folded a load of towels, hung out some work shirts of Allens, shorty and I walked a mile--it is humid out already and the jeans are spinning out so will hang them and then shower.

The meeting lasted until after 7 and then I stopped by my aunts to visist her and her sister that came in so was well after 8 before getting home. Got my clothes off the line and did some dishes by hand and unloaded loaded dishwasher. Put the towels in and then before bed got them to the dryer and put whites in. Woke up about 12:30 and thought what the heck will change them out. As of now all laundry is done.

I will get off early today. Should be about 1-1:20 but not enough people to work so will be about 3"00. Then a 3 day week-3nd.

Everybody have a GREAT day!!!

My aunt brought me 5 boxes of pints and 2 boxes of quaets. Said she just took 2 sacks of material to Goodwill. :(

Last edited:

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I've got Christmas music in my ear at work today :) not sure what else I'll pull off this wknd

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Sierra Mts – You rock! I am just starting to get some progress made on ornaments for this year!

Luludou – I have begun using the ziplock bag method to pre-prep items for craft projects, felt ornaments, etc and I love how it works!

MaryE – Your Christmas Meals planner sounds awesome! I am revamping our everyday approach to meal planning right now. Always a work in progress!!!

piratemamaof3boys - I have been resisting the urge to listen to Christmas music! lol I find that if I start to listen to it too "soon" then I don't enjoy it as much come closer to Christmas. But I make an exception to that personal "rule" during July! :)

I am off work today and so far have gone to the gym, Starbucks, and two grocery stores. I also weeded our looooong front flower bed!

I've gotten all the groceries put away and even got some avocados in the freezer - there was a great deal at Aldi this week ($0.49 each!) so I bought loads and froze the extra!

I have a few minutes of downtime right now and couldn't resist getting on to say Hi to everyone! :) There is just something about hot weather that puts me in the mood for Christmas! Isn't that funny?

You would think I'm meant to live in the Southern Hemsiphere!

I think its because the heat means that fall is coming, and then of course, "Winter is Coming" (GOT ref there, sorry! hehe) and then CHRISTMAS!!!

Can you tell I am highly caffeinated today?

Okay, so I am going to log off and sit and work on felt ornaments until it is time to leave for my dr appt.

DH and I plan to pick up DS from daycare and take him out to eat before we run to Sam's Club for some bulk jars of dill pickles. We make a mean batch of deep fried pickles and have been asked to bring the fixings to a BBQ on Sunday - :)

Hope everyone has a great day! Happy Rudy Day!!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Spent the day withy mum going through menus so we can plan the Christmas dinner. We want to try a few more desserts this year so may do a trial run before December.
Also looked through her gift closet and sorted out what in there will be good for stockings and what will be used as gifts. I wish it was Christmas already, but I suppose it will come soon enough.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Nice to see everyone enjoyed Rudy Day yesterday.

It was work for me and I had completely forgot it was Rudy Day. I did get to listen to James Taylor's Christmas cd while working. I was so tired yesterday, that when I got home I slept most of the evening on the couch before eventually getting up and going to bed around 11:00 pm.

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
I had a field trip on Friday, then a busy weekend in the garden. I only managed to post the Movie of the Month and wear a pair of christmas socks! It is really hard for me to get christmas stuff done during farm season! Glad others were productive.