Microsoft Works

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but I just discovered a program on my computer called Microsoft Works. It is perfect for doing some Christmas planning. It allows you to create calendars and To Do Lists. You can even set up Projects such as "Holiday Planning" and then create a To Do list and link different files to it. For example, one of the items on my To Do list might be to create a Christmas Card List. I can make it so there is an icon to open my Christmas Card List as a spreadsheet, word file, etc. Hope that makes sense! Anyways, I've been playing with it most of the afternoon, and I'm pretty impressed so far.
:bigsnow:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I love MW! But on my new computer I can't use any of the CDs. When I first got my computer they sent me a new set of Mcrosoft Suite. I tossed out the old one not knowing that the "new" one would not work with out deleting what is on my computer. So I just use my old computer's MW.

I've made grocery lists and medication records off of this program for years. It works great for me since I've never taken or used Excel.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I have it on my laptop which I use all the time. I've played with it a little but really haven't used it for much as of yet. However, when I have some time I might start playing with it to use for my Christmas notebook.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Do you all use the premade lists that it has and just change the information or do you create your own somehow? Do you use the workbook function? I've yet to do that.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I need to add it to this computer that just had to have hard drive deleted once again. I keep doing something too it.

coffeenut

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 10, 2007
Spartan Country-mi
I use MW quite often. I have used it to create gift coupons, banners for a Birthday and gift tags.
Just checked mine again and for those of you with a garden notebook they have a template for plants.
The name, picture, date puchased etc.

thood

MHH Member
Oct 18, 2007
I have a MSWorks project set up for Holiday Grand Plan. This will be my fourth year using it. At the end of every year, I save my lists (especially my gift list so I don't duplicate the next year) and start with fresh ones. It took me just a little while to set the lists up, but now they are there and all I have to do is tweak them to start fresh each year.

jkbb2

Retire Member
Oct 17, 2007
I like mw as well and have created my own lists, projects and documents rather than using the premade ones so that everything is the way i want it. it is pretty easy to do.

Suzy

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2008
I just bought Microsoft Works because when my computer crashed the place where I bought a new computer put Open Office on as the Word processor and it has NO bells and whistles. I like it so far...I still don't know how to enter something like a birthday on the calendar without having a time assigned to it...but I will keep playing with it...only had it a week

:jumpinghearts: