Mid August 16th-22nd

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The weather is still cool here but the days are getting longer and I can see that Spring is just around the corner. I cannot wait. I have my planner ready to go for the HGP which I will need to start early to fit it all in so may start this week depending on the weather. Will be glad to get things started. Anyway this is how my week looks. I hope that you all have a great week

Moisturise morning,
Water throughout day,
Shower/bath at night,
Cleanse,
Moisturise,
Brush teeth,
Lip balm,
Hand cream,
Read and sleep at reasonable time,
Clean kitchen and DW on before bed.

Weekly:
*make work lunches for Monday (X) Tuesday (X)
*wash hair (X)
*shave legs ( ) not happening for now.....Winter growth lol
*washing (X)(X)
*fold washing (X)
*vacuum floors (X)
*mop floors ( )
*clean bathrooms (X)
*meal plan (X)
*clean fridge ( )
*tidy pantry (X)
*tidy freezer ( )
*shopping list (fortnightly) ( ) grocery shopping (fortnightly) ( )

Fun/ Christmas prep:
*start/continue/finish one craft project (X)
*start/continue/finish one book (X)
*books back to library (X)
*update planner ( )
*tidy gift closet ( )
*DrillDance training plan (X)
*DrillDance training (X)
*walk at least 3 times ( ) ( ) ( )

Extras:
*fill car with petrol ( )
*5 small maintenance chores (X)
*work on DrillDance routine ( )
*craft day with Mum Thursday (X)
*trip to hardware shop on Thursday ( )
*Work on Household binder/meal plan/ HGP (X)
*trip to farm Saturday (X)

Word of the Year:
Appreciate

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Our days are getting shorter here. We went for a walk last night. It was a bit later than normal. However, we had to cut it short because it got darker sooner than we expected.

I'm trying to finish up my end of summer goals for prepping for the next school year. The school and college situation is still very fluid. I can plan only so far. This is where I'm learning to be more adaptable aka fly by the seat of my pants which is not my go to way of living. However, with so many unknowns, this list making of known things that have to be done has helped me to clear my mind.

• Clean Bathrooms.
  • Pay bills.
  • Call: Can't think of a single call to make this week!
  • Weed one flower bed or trim bushes.
  • Make a grocery list.
  • Buy groceries.
  • FlyLady: Extra Room - Laundry area
    • Dust
    • Wipe down washer and dryer
    • Empty Trash can.
  • Trimester Goals - 5 days/20 minute sessions:
    • Write out Exercise plan for the week: What time of day for cardio? For weights?
    • Write up a Research plan for the week: Who am I writing about this week? What questions do I want to answer; What sources do I want to use?
To do this week:
  • Organize one section of the office
  • Make a list of gifts and cards to buy for September through January.
  • Finish buying September birthday cards and gifts.
  • Wrap gifts this week if possible.
  • Prepare for Austen Book Meeting.
  • Clean up recycling and trash area of garage.
  • Update Weekly Planner to reflect changes.
Projects to work on as time permits:
  • Set up a Celebrate Christmas basket for myself: Christmas tea blend, scented candle, matches, hot chocolate, Christmas mug, maybe a Pepperidge Farm Christmas cookies ;-)
  • Put together Christmas cookie dry mix kits and add recipe to each kit.

Last edited:

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Evening routine - clear kitchen counters and declutter living/dining room, cleanse, night cream, cuticle treatment, moisture gloves, go to bed by 9:30pm (Sunday-Thursday) (Sn) (M) (T) (W) (Th) (F) (S)

Weekly:
Laundry (Wash/Dry/Fold/PUT AWAY)
Meal Plan
Grocery List

Grocery Shopping

Leisure:
Read ( X )Agatha Raisin and Love, Lies and Liquor, Agatha Raisin Kissing Christmas Goodbye by M. C. Beaton
Return library books if applicable (N/A)
Pick up any new library books (N/A)
Update planner, tidy gift closet, check Amazon Wish Lists ( X )
Scan two family photos and send to my cousin in the UK for identification

Chores/Things To Do:
Keep filing up to date

Rental House:
Lead Inspection
Pressure washing
Fence repair

Follow-Ups:
Check in with Seismic Retrofit - permit still pending, hope to hear by the end of the month
Sizzix replacement parts
Hallmark (still waiting for reissue of 40% off coupons that expired during the height of COVID-19 - sent second request Aug 8)
Orders due:
Kraken shirts - shirts arrived but one is the wrong size so will have to keep this on the list
LEGO
Williams Sonoma skillet
Lacy Belles (fall decor)
Fickle Felt Tree (fall garland)
L L Bean order
Nordstrom Anniversary Sale order (split into three shipments - 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3)

Amazon books to Sophia (3 of 3 - order split into three shipments due to availability)
Colorful Images bookplates for Sophia
Outlander Computer Magnets from Dzeetee
Spectra's August BarkBox
Sophia's Cap and Gown

The Container Store Home Depot Valet Hook (discontinued at The Container Store but found it at Home Depot)
Make up Eraser order
Coach order
Ebay purchase - cross stitch magazine
Holiday Grand Plan custom planner stickers

Christmas 2003 card from Shutterfly
Watch for Target wedding gift acknowledgment - wedding was July 4th
Watch for Amazon wedding gift acknowledgment - wedding was July 10th

Bold green - items completed
Bold red - items not completed

Last edited:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Lots going on this week! School starts tomorrow virtually for DD and me, along with appointments and pickups and all sorts of things. DH will be helping with what are usually my mom duties.

[X] Schedule oil change for car
[X] Call maintenance for A/C and Ecolab
[ ] Make doctor appointment with new doctor, maybe
[X] [X] Acupuncture x2 (Tue/Thu)
[X] Cohort Seminar (Wed)
[X] Addison appointment (Tue)
[X] Eli material/device pickup (Thu)

[X] Return library books
[X] Reading/assignments for Cohort Seminar
[X] Meal plan
[X] Grocery shop
[X] [X] [X] [X] Take lunch to work daily (no school on Friday)

I'll come back and add more as I go.

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
However, with so many unknowns, this list making of known things that have to be done has helped me to clear my mind.
I agree. I am working on the things that I can work on. I am in the process of updating and resupplying our emergency kit ahead of the Summer.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Pamela, once again you have a long and varied list.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
How did things go, Jess?

Today went well! All of our students logged into the Webex room on time. We had a glitch with Google Classroom, the slides didn't show up in the students accounts so we had to readjust and switch to something else. Turns out all the 5th grade teachers had the same issue but it got figured out after so we should be good for tomorrow. The afternoon was very long and boring with nothing to do but sit there for office hours. I will take a book tomorrow. I feel like office hours should be able to be conducted from home right now because we are literally twiddling our thumbs doing nothing and it's exhausting believe it or not.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I will have my work cut out for me in the next few weeks with getting our house organized for the real possibility that my five dc will be doing virtual learning this semester. One of my dc's colleges has notified us that campus will not be opening this semester and all classes are virtual. We had a family meeting to discuss this very real scenario of everyone being home again for classes. We discussed what worked and didn't work last semester and how to make it work better this semester.

I am overwhelmed with logistics of making this happen successfully. I know I can do it because making lists, being accountable here and knowing that I have support from everyone has gotten me through tough stretches. It's just tough to fully plan out Plan A and Plan B at the same time because things are changing in a snap of the finger.

• Wow
Reactions: MrsSoup and luludou

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, what can we do to help? i know that sounds like a silly question as we are all so far away but I am serious. Is there anything we can do to make life easier?

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Due to awakening way too early, I got a few boxes unpacked. I rearranged some things in the bathroom closet. Two loads of clothes are finished.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Mary, what can we do to help? i know that sounds like a silly question as we are all so far away but I am serious. Is there anything we can do to make life easier?
Seriously, you're support here is what makes me know I can do it even though it's overwhelming. :) I'll be posting here for a break and to let me see progress, even if it's a little at a time. I'm constantly pivoting and it's really difficult as a planner.

Before going to bed, I made a list of things that I thought I could accomplish today. Some of it was from my list above and it also coordinated with the overall big plan that we developed earlier last night. One dd is doing virtual classes now. The other will move in Saturday and start in person classes on Monday. That dd is helping as is my youngest. The other two are working today as is my dh.

Bedrooms are shared and video conferences will be done there. We will have to set up back drops so visual clutter isn't distracting during the class. Since they are shared and classes will overlap, we are going to convert some of the basement to a dedicated space for taking video conference calls. This is the space that flooded a few weeks ago. So much has been decluttered. However, there was much to still do but at another time. Now appears to be the other time. :rolleyes:

We are also going to make a little area as a "student lounge" so there is a sense of getting away when the weather gets worse. Dd has a microwave that we will set up down there. Some things from dh's office will be moved downstairs too. That means to make room for those items, things down there need to move either somewhere else in the house or to a donation center. I need to make some hard, quick decisions.

Today's goals are:
  • move the ironing board and iron upstairs to the mudroom closet
  • Declutter mudroom closet
  • finish cleaning up the laundry area
  • move rolling cart to basement .
  • Move rolling cart from the office to basement
  • Make decisions on the current contents and future contents of cart
  • Move microwave to basement
  • Declutter game/toy shelves in family room
  • Stage mudroom for move-in day
  • Begin staging family room with donation items
  • Start one box for each dc to place wanted but not used items (sentimental gifts, etc)
I'm sure more thoughts will come to mind as I go through each step. I'm keeping a small notebook available to jot down random thoughts that pop up.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Mary- I'm sorry you are dealing with all of these changes, but I know you can handle it! I think your plans sound fantastic and you are making the absolute best of a difficult situation. It will all work out. Depending on what platform they are using for their classes, sometimes you can download a background (I think Webex and Zoom both allow this) so that you don't have to put anything up physically. Just a thought to cut down on having to hang anything special.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Whew! I got through that list with some extra help! It also got through a few more things that I hadn't planned on doing but it was one of those situations where if you do A, then you might as well do B.

I made some tough decisions to get rid of sentimental things that I wasn't planning to do yet. However, I will say that moving those items out of the house into the garage was freeing and I do not regret it. :) I have two more sections in the basement to declutter. I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

We repurposed items that we had but weren't necessarily using to it's full extent. We have a background in the basement that my dc can use to do video conferencing when there is no other spot. We have folding chairs and a rolling tray whose height can be adjusted to hold a laptop whether you are sitting or standing. I feel like this will work for the time being and we can make adjustments along the way.

Reactions: luludou and MrsSoup

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Mary, sometimes the hardest step is the step to get started. Once started, things often progress better and faster than we expected. Glad you got some things done to your satisfaction, even if some are a temporary fix.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, sounds like you did a great job. I think if we were to suddenly have to home school here I would struggle. We certainly are pleased that we don't have to. As you said, the bonus is you are getting other thinks done so you are a little ahead.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Mary, sometimes the hardest step is the step to get started. Once started, things often progress better and faster than we expected. Glad you got some things done to your satisfaction, even if some are a temporary fix.
Yes, once I had time to think about what needed to be done and then got extra hands to help out, it came together faster than I ever thought. I'm use to doing the work by myself since everyone has been either working or in school.

We dropped off my dd who has in person classes yesterday. Tomorrow is her first day of class. Two dc in class and three to go. :)

I think if we were to suddenly have to home school here I would struggle. We certainly are pleased that we don't have to. As you said, the bonus is you are getting other thinks done so you are a little ahead.
Yes, I absolutely love having my dc here but it is very difficult to have the seven of us working remotely from home when we have to do video conferencing. My dd has given me her schedule for the semester. If anyone else goes to virtual learning, then they'll give me their schedule to post too.