Mid March 14th-20th 2021

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mid Autumn is a great time weatherwise. Looking at the forecast it will be a nice, mild week, tops of 23c (73f) I am looking forward to another busy and productive week. Looking forward to things slowing down a little as we ease into the cooler days.

Daily:
Moisturise morning,
Water throughout day,
Shower/bath at night,
Moisturise,
Brush teeth,
Lip balm,
Hand cream,
Clean kitchen and DW on before bed.
Read and sleep at reasonable time,

Weekly:
*make work lunches for Monday (X) Tuesday (X)
*washing (X)(X)
*fold washing (X)
*vacuum floors ( )
*mop floors ( )
*clean bathrooms (X)(X)
*meal plan dinners plus work lunches ( )
*clean fridge ( )
*tidy pantry ( )
*tidy freezer ( )
*tidy stockpile ( )
*shopping list (fortnightly) ( ) grocery shopping (fortnightly) ( )

Fun/ Christmas prep:
*start/continue/finish one craft project (X) Start wedding bunting
*start/continue/finish one book ( ) Goal for the year is to read 10, I have read 7 I also have magazines to read.
*update planner (X)
*tidy gift closet (X)
*continue looking for stocking fillers and gifts (X)placed some online orders.

Extras:

*DH birthday Sunday (X)
*Extra DrillDance training Monday (X)
*DrillDance training Wednesday (X)
*Trip to art gallery with Mum Thursday (X)
*Lunch with friends Friday ( )
*Deep clean spare rooms (X)
*Change bed, Winter sheets ( )

5 small chores:
1) Wash hair brushes (X)
2) Wipe and clean window sills (X)
3)Clean my shower (X)
4)Tidy craft room drawers (X)
5)Spot clean rug (X)

Word of the Year:
Improve

Last edited:
Reactions: jampss

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
The crocuses are popping up through out the neighborhood. Buds are forming on tree branches. The snow has melted away. Spring is around the corner.

Weekly
  • Clean Bathrooms.
  • Pay bills - Dental
  • Correspondence:
  • Appts:
  • Menu Planning
    • Check that ingredients for planned meals are in the house.
    • Make a grocery list.
    • Buy groceries.
    • Food Prep: Cut up onions, peppers and carrots for upcoming meals.
  • FlyLady: Extra Room - Laundry area & Family Room
    • Dust
    • Vacuum
    • Wipe down washer and dryer
    • Empty Trash can
  • Do weekly reflection.
    • Staple reflection papers to the planner pages.
  • Declutter Family Room
  • Update journal.
To do if time permits
  • Put away the memorabilia into the proper bins.
  • Sort through recipes clippings (Good rainy day activity)
  • Sort through loose photos found recently (Good rainy day activity)

Last edited:
Reactions: jampss

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
  • Sort through recipes clippings (Good rainy day activity)
  • Sort through loose photos found recently (Good rainy day activity)
I need to start thinking of the major project I would like to undertake over the Winter months. Last year I tidied, decluttered and sorted the family photos, this year it might be the family history papers.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I have a small major project ... I have a box of old papers and photos belonging to my father's mother. They are of my dad and his old brother who was diagnosed with MD in the early 1940's and he died around age 20. He was like the poster child of Cleveland, OH for Muscular Dystrophy and he was a wonderful artist. There are a lot of newspaper clippings that I wanted to put into page protectors. Then there are things about my dad working at a store called Lazarus in downtown Columbus, OH when I was a baby.

This week for me ....

3-15-21 To Do List
[X] Visit Paris
[X] Towel and DH work laundry
[X] Pet sit
[X] Drop off DS17 on campus
[X] Turn in used books at bookstore for store credit
[] Pick up cat flea meds (They were out, have to wait till more come in)

3-16-21 To Do List
[X] Pick up school food
[] Get DS online for 2-3 pm writing tutor (He missed it due to ritualizing too long in the restroom. Tutor rescheduled. We have done this a lot. :( )

3-17-21 To Do List
[X] Drop off DS17 on campus

3-18-21 To Do List
[X] Pick up school food
[X] Get DS online for 11:30-12:30 am writing tutor and 1:45 pm DS meds doc
[X] Pay bills later with DH
[X] Grocery Shop

3-19-21 To Do List
[X] Do NOTHING!! :p

Daily
[X,X,X,X,X] Bible Devotional
[X,X,X,X] MHH
[X,X] Exercise
[X,X,X,X,X] Crochet
[X,X] Work in my 2021 Planner
[X,X,X] Work on this week's homeschool newsletter

Last edited:
Reactions: Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Since you are talking about family history and organizing, I thought I'd chime in with my personal observations. I found that spending a month on decluttering/organizing one big area for 5 thirty minute sessions each of the four weeks gave me a time limit and saved me from burn out. Breaking the area into 4 sections, one for each week of the month, kept me focused and not overwhelmed.

I'm applying the same idea to my family history organization and it is really helping me. For example, I've got 4 weeks and 4 grandparents that I'm focusing on this month. If I finish with one person early, I work on the next. I think next month I'll pick one grandparent and work on his/her 4 grandparents, etc.

Feeling this productive three months into the year is huge. For the last 3 weeks, I have been spending at least 30 minutes a night updating and organizing my family history. For years, I had been in a fog when it came to my digital organization of my family history. I really feel that decluttering in the basement helped me with undoing this disorganization. My brain seems to think more clearly and I feel like I accomplish more.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My brain seems to think more clearly and I feel like I accomplish more.
It is amazing what we can achieve if our homes as well as our minds are uncluttered. I am not there yet but I too already feel well ahead this year.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Since you are talking about family history and organizing, I thought I'd chime in with my personal observations. I found that spending a month on decluttering/organizing one big area for 5 thirty minute sessions each of the four weeks gave me a time limit and saved me from burn out. Breaking the area into 4 sections, one for each week of the month, kept me focused and not overwhelmed.

I'm applying the same idea to my family history organization and it is really helping me. For example, I've got 4 weeks and 4 grandparents that I'm focusing on this month. If I finish with one person early, I work on the next. I think next month I'll pick one grandparent and work on his/her 4 grandparents, etc.

Feeling this productive three months into the year is huge. For the last 3 weeks, I have been spending at least 30 minutes a night updating and organizing my family history. For years, I had been in a fog when it came to my digital organization of my family history. I really feel that decluttering in the basement helped me with undoing this disorganization. My brain seems to think more clearly and I feel like I accomplish more.
Love this idea.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I'm applying the same idea to my family history organization and it is really helping me. For example, I've got 4 weeks and 4 grandparents that I'm focusing on this month.

Feeling this productive three months into the year is huge. My brain seems to think more clearly and I feel like I accomplish more.
Oh this is great. Thanks for sharing. You are doing so well. :)

Monday, after the time change, I was up and going going going. Accomplished a lot by 11 am. Then Tuesday, I got up a little slower and later. And this morning ... I'm dragging .... :oops:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Oh this is great. Thanks for sharing. You are doing so well. :)

Monday, after the time change, I was up and going going going. Accomplished a lot by 11 am. Then Tuesday, I got up a little slower and later. And this morning ... I'm dragging .... :oops:
So relatable... I'm dragging myself out of bed every morning this week. Monday it was gloriously sunny so it made it easier to get up but these last three days have been cloudy and/or rainy.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Cloudy and cool here this week too. I have not achieved as much as I thought I would have.