Mini Scrapbooks?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I want to do mini scrapbooks of us and the kids this year for all the grandparents (3 books) and I would like to do a special one for DH to take to Korea with him. I've never really scrapped before, any suggestions or ideas?

Scarlett

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
I'm not really great with scrapbooking in the sense of cutting and pasting and all the fancy embellishments, but I have made some excellent books through Shutterfly. They have small albums available and they are a snap to make. The photo quality is excellent and I love that you can change photos from black and white to color or the sepia tone. I'll be printing my Christmas cards through that site again this year.

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
go to Hobby lobby this week the books are 50% off so are the fillers, a 6x6 is the right size for a gift, you can fit a 4x6 photo and a little embellishment and You can wright notes and slip them inside between the pages in the page protectors as a hidden surprise like on a tag, put a ribbon on it so they will find it.

the books are about 4.00 the refills about 1.50 on sale

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
DebbieGall, I actually did go to Hobby Lobby tonight and got some cute little memory albums that have 10 pages (20 front and back) and they are in page protectors. So I can just take them out, decorate them and put them back in. I got really cute gift tags too, and gift bags to put them in! Now I just need to find that special album for hubby.

Scarlett, i'll be sure to check out Shutterfly too! Thanks for the ideas.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Went back to Hobby Lobby yesterday, LOL, to use the 40% off coupon on a present for my son. However, when I was there and walking towards the checkout I saw wonderful albums that were already scrapped on the outside and on the inside were just picture slots. They were cheaper than the other ones so I got those and am taking the other ones back today. I still need to find that special one for hubby though.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I saw one of those page a day calendars the other day. Every page was made of acid-free paper and had a frame to frame a 4 by 6 photo. It also came with embellishments, and a label for every day of the year. The themes followed the seasons and holidays. I've never scrapbooked before, but I bought one for my friend last year and she loved it.

:package: