Missing Girl

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
This is not something I would typically post at MHH.....

A friend of mines daughter disappeared on her 17th birthday September 18. It is most likely that she snuck out to meet someone she made contact with on the internet. We all know how dangerous this can be. She has not returned home, she took her cell phone and laptop with her but has not had the cell phone on so can not be traced that way. We are very worried about her. She's adopted and there are quite a few reasons she doesn't use good judgment but no matter what her family is frantic. Their most important concern is to just hear from her and know she is ok.

No one knows who she meet or where they are. I suspect she is no longer in this area and could be anywhere in the USA. If you feel inclined please take a look at the following link and take note of her. If you feel so inclined you can post the link on your Facebook. Honestly looking for a 17 year old in the USA is almost impossible because no one even knows where to start. Since she took the lap top they can't use forensics to trace sites etc she has been on although it is known she has been on at least two "dating" sites (not the best ones either)

http://fox2now.com/2013/09/24/warrenton-teen-went-missing-on-her-birthday/

While I wouldn't want us using MHH for an endangered missing child alert base all the time........at the same time I feel I must use whatever resources I have available to help my friend. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Ginger

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
The family has my prayers.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I will be keeping good thoughts for her safe return.

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
I hope she is found safe. Prayers being said for her safe return.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
So sad, Ginger. Sending prayers as well.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
This is still on my mind.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
She has been found. We always knew she left with someone or met someone to leave but not who. So hard to know if she was "safe". She is with someone of not the best character but because she is 17 there is not a lot to be done about it.

It is so good to at least know she is alive and where she is. The rest will hopefully work itself out over time.

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers!!

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
Glad to know she has been found! Hope the situation can be worked out to her best interests. Seventeen is still young.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Thanks for the update. They think they know it all at 17 and it's sad she is making such choices that put her in danger. I am thankful to hear she has been located.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Glad she is back. Hope she stays home.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I pray there will be communication between her and her parents, so the issues can be worked through. Right now, at least she is safe.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I just read this today & am glad that she has been found.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Just saw this thread and relieved to see she was located!!! I remember making a lot of risky decisions when I was a teenager and shudder to think about how trusting/lucky I was now!