Missjane's word for 2011 - reform

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Today is New Year's Eve and I am going to spend it on myself thinking about what I want my goals to be and how I think I can manage them. I'll throw a little housework and decluttering in there with it, but all the while, I will be thinking...

January - reform my exercise habits
February - reform my eating habits
March - reform my morning and bedtime routine
April -
May -
June -
July -
August -
September -
October -
November -
December -

I'll think on these today and try to do an update later.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I like it. It's a great idea to have something specific each month to think about as well.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Good word Jane-look forward to following your progress...

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I like the way you have broken it in to months. Good luck for 2011

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Great word! looking forward to following your journey

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
The exercise reform is coming along nicely. I bought DH a WiiFit for Christmas. So far, I am exercising 4-5 times a week. It needs to be everyday, but since I wasn't exercising at all before, I'm okay with this. I haven't started trying to change my eating habits. That's next month. I'm losing weight very slowly. That's a plus. Mine main goal is to reduce my blood pressure. That will happen as I lose weight. Maybe by the time summer is here, I will have lost at least 30 pounds.

Thanks for the encouragement.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Good going missjane. Keep up the good work. The exercising sounds like it is going well for you.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
MissJane that's wonderful. I was thinking of buying a wii game console and the wiiFit so that I can start exercising more. Right now the only thing I do is walk. I too need to get my blood pressure down or completely gone if possible. Keep up the good work.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I am exercising about 4 or 5 times a week, which is an improvement over never! I have noticed that some of my clothes are fitting differently. DH, DDs, and I are all exercising and that makes getting my turn on the Wii hard. Everyone is using it anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. I pulled something in my right shoulder Wedneday night and it still hurts. Thursday it was nearly unbearable.

I am feeling better and have more energy. I haven't checked my blood pressure in a couple of weeks. I'll do that in the morning. I have Monday off so tomorrow and Monday will be exercise days. Today's activities should count as my exercise...washed all bed clothes on all three beds and remade them plus 3 more loads of clothes, deep cleaned in bathroom, scrubbing the floor on hands and knees in some awkward hard to reach places, swept the entire house, cleaned out the van, but didn't get it vaccuumed. I decided to do that after work one day next week. I didn't get around to mopping the floors. I'll do that before church in the morning.

I'm glad I chose exercise as my first area to reform. What I have noticed is I have more energy to do things I have been leaving undone.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
It looks promising so far missjane. Keep up the good work.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
DH, DDs, and I are all exercising and that makes getting my turn on the Wii hard. Everyone is using it anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. I pulled something in my right shoulder Wedneday night and it still hurts. Thursday it was nearly unbearable.

The Physical therapy office told me they now have insurance codes for Wii injuries. Love my Wii.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
January is coming to a close today. I was doing really well with the exercising until I got sick. I am going to give myself the rest of this week off and start back up on the 4th or 5th of February. This cough is brutal and gets really bad if I get hot. I am still motivated to exercise, and that is good.

February is the month I want to work on reforming my eating habits. I used to do Weight Watchers about 5 years ago. There is no longer a group that meets near me, which I don't understand because there was always at least 15-20 people at the meetings. I guess the economy got them just like everything else. There are meetings about 35 miles away, but that's too far. Maybe I will try it online. My gyn office offers a cholesterol clinic I could be a part of since I have high cholesterol....I don't know...I'll have to give it some thought. The main thing is, I need to watch the quantity of food I eat and how I prepare it. Snacking is not a big problem. I just like food and I am good at making it taste good! lol There are drawbacks to being a good cook...

This has been good for me because I have not been motivated for some time to do some things I needed to do. This is helping me feel that I have something to be accountable for.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
April's almost over...and no word for it, except maybe survive. Between DGM's injury and prom...it has just about killed me.

I think my word for May will be to reform my focus. I just need to RE-FOCUS...

I was very focused at the beginning of 2011, but somehow, I have lost that focus. I felt like this would be the year I got some things in my life under control, but that hasn't happened, and I have lost focus. That being said, I will spend these last few days of April re-evaluating and getting my footing back under me to move ahead with the reforms I want to take place in my life.

May is almost the mid-point of the year. I still have time to make at least some of the reforms I want to make for this year.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Jane - don't beat yourself up...real life has a way of messing with the best laid plans. You've been doing a great job! Re-Focusing in May sounds like an excellent idea.

I have used Weight Watchers online in the past and it really does help as long as you continue to post everything. The meetings by me are all mid-morning or on Saturday (and that's just not going to happen). You have inspired me to sign on again. My first order of business will be to cut down on Diet Coke!

Thanks for the nudge and for sharing your journey!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Colleen, thanks for the post. It brought tears to my eyes.

I used to do Weight Watchers, and loved it. The nearest meetings to me are about 30 miles away. With gas prices, I'm like you - it just isn't happening. Dsis has the new WW stuff. I called her the other night. She's going to give it to me to look at. I have also done First Place. I'm looking at it tonight.

Good luck in your journey.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Jane,
You are always involved in so much. And, like you said- with both prom and your grandmother's injury- those things were A LOT!

I think your word for May should be: REST!
And then in June, when it's summer for you, then you can work on FOCUS.

Annie

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Annie, that sounds like a good suggestion. I will give it much thought...much thought indeed!