Month by Month: August 2014

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I know we are well into August but I wanted to share my monthly plan. I've been working a bit of a revised Month by Month plan and am hoping to get even more organized since I'm retired (HA, that hasn't happened yet!)

My plan looks like this:

I have one page set up that holds the "overall plan" although I also use a weekly sheet so I can schedule certain tasks for each day.

The Monthly page has the following sections:

Budget Goals

Blog It Goals

Grocery Challenge Goal

Move It Out Days

Exercise Log

Seasonal Chore for the Month (for example in August it is to continue working on flower beds)

15 Minutes per Day: (in August it is Creative Stuff Control)

Room of the Month List

Menu Plans (just a place to check off that I planned them for the week)

August Goals: Spiritual, Bon Appetit (my new cooking hobby) Currently Reading, Currently Watching (TV) Want to See this Month (movies) Create (a creative project to focus on)

Thoughts for Next Month: (just a place to jot down things when they occur.

Most of these have little boxes for checking off. For example if I want to blog three times a week, I put three boxes in four different rows representing each week. Then I mark off when I blog each week.

Same with 15 Minutes a day except I need boxes for each WEEK DAY...not Saturdays or Sundays.

I worked a similar sheet format in July and it seemed to help as I had something to look at each morning and things to "mark off." I'm a big mark it off person.

How is your monthly, weekly or daily planning coming along?

:clothes:

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
That looks really good! I hate to admit it, because I am such a pen/paper girl, but I have taken to keeping some lists on my phone- helpful because it is always with me and I am always out of the house-it was really helpful the last month when we were getting ready for vacation...Christmas planning will always be in my notebook though!!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
A lot of people use electronic lists. I have a couple apps on my Kindle that are perfect for that....one is even set up with little notebooks so you can put your info into electronic notebooks. I planned on working with those more than paper and pencil but haven't gotten into the habit of doing so yet.

:clothes:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Today I managed to do

15 Daily
Move It Out Monday (got rid of a few bags of stuff)
Room of the Day (Mondays are the Living Room)
Paid my bills (which helps me focus on my Budget goals)
Posted one blog post
Cleaned out and moved a piece of furniture as I decided to do some rearranging....this in turn created another mess in the living room that I will deal with tomorrow.
Only managed one load of laundry so hope to get to more tomorrow also.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I've done all kinds of list..on the computer, on my kindle, NOt on my phone though...and I have to admit, I always go back to paper. Just the way it is!! I can't imagine going paperless, but to each their own. As much as my daughter is tech savvy, she goes back to a paper list when it's important. I LOVE IT!!