Month of....

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Pippi

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Tall Corn state
Hi Y'all!!!! :heartsNY:
I've got a very special niece who "celebrates" her birthday all month....hence, "month of:...

I'd like to do something small & silly each day of February for her as she does so much for so many others.

Any ideas on short sayings, poems, etc. and small gift ideas?

TIA! :jumpinghearts:
Pippi

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
What is you thought of a Word for each day of the month and then get something small or even just a poem or a little quotation that you write/type out and frame or? do something with it. (Take some of the words from the Word of 2008 thread)

For example:

Love: Some candy hearts
Nourish: A small juice drink or healthy snack
Accept: graitude journal or?
Simplify: a small note book or to do list
Action: key chain (lol) or planner or ?

Anyway you get the idea....I'm sure together we can come up with words and gift ideas...

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
You could look up quirky holidays for the month of February and do something related to that event.

Here are a few I had listed in my "Calendar Fun" file for Feb.

Feb 3- Elmo's b-day
Feb 4- Halfway point of winter
Feb 6 - Pay a Compliment Day
Feb 7 - National Fettucine Alfredo Day
Feb 8 - Kite Flying Day
Feb 9 - Hershey's Chocolate Company founded 1894
Feb 10 - Umbrella Day
Feb 12- First Barbie dolls go on sale
Feb 15 - National Gumdrop Day
Feb 18- Planet Pluto is discovered
Feb 19 - National Chocolate Mint Day AND A prize is inserted into a Crackerjacks box for the first time (1913)
Feb 20- National Cherry Pie Day
Feb 22- National Chili Day
Feb 23 - Tootsie Rolls are first sold in stores
Feb 24- National Tortilla Chip Day
Feb 26- Levi Strauss's birthday AND National Pistachio Day
Feb 27- International Polar Bear Day
Feb 28- Floral Design Day
Feb 29- Leap Day!

Have Fun!

pixiestick

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
pixiestick, I LOVE this list!! Do you have a site online that lists these types of days for each month?? If not, would you consider posting Special Days for each month (the month before would be nice, to give preparation time!)?

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Holiday Joy: GREAT minds think alike...this is something I had discussed with snowangel but for right now if pixiestick would like to start the February thread I say...GO for it....I was going to call the project....Every Day's a Holiday!!!

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
Sure I will start a thread GIngerbug- maybe people could somehow add to it if they find things I miss.

I have a folder I have been adding stuff to for years. I have things for each day listed like Interesting Events, Birthdays to Note and Celebrations. Some are hard to verify. I also know of several websites that list things.

I will freely admit that this is the "information pack rat" part of my inner self that collects stuff like, fueled by my one time teacher self and soon to be homeschool Mom self.

Not to high jack this thread but....