Monthly Magic

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I am very excited about Monthly Magic.

Monthly Magic is a plan for organizing each month of the year. It will focus on important monthly events, as well as, our special year round holiday planning ideas. It is a basic framework that allows you to "plan" your month and include the events and projects that are important to you.

I have been working for some time on Year Round Holiday planning and this just breaks it down into nice monthly plans. For about the last three years I have been working on plans each month that focus on birthdays, holidays, and other family specific events. I will share with you my Monthly Magic and will look forward to hearing about ways that you plan and organize your family and home for each month of the year.

January Monthly Magic will go up on January 1st....looking forward to a great year of planning....month after month!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Gingerbug,

At first I thought by the title "Monthly Magic" you were talking about getting our periods. I thought maybe you had an idea where we could all get together online and have on big PMS session and get it out of our systems. Upon reading further, I was mistaken. I like your idea too!!

:snowman: Melanie

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
lol.........if thats the case maybe I need to change the name....lol....

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I love the name Monthly Magic!

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
hopefully this will help me to follow through- I get good ideas but then many things don't happen :sad:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Twinkle....I know just what you mean...plans are great....doing them.... a little more complicated....thats why I started doing some year round holiday planning stuff a couple years ago....to actually GET more done not just planned....lol...

I like the monthly format and it really breaks things down nicely.

snowqueen

Premiere Member
Nov 1, 2007
Vermont
I'm looking forward to seeing this new plan. There are so many plans and lists on here and OC I get a bit overwhelmed as to what to do and when. Month by month sounds like a good idea. I'm glad there's people on here to help me do my thinking :slap: Dorene

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Yes there are so many good plans both at OC and here. It can be overwhelming...I have felt the same way....I am one of those people that WANT to do it all....can't choose....and then end up not getting as much done as like. I really find that month by month helps me focus a bit more.

But all of the plans are outstanding if you stick with them. So here we can start, manage, discuss whichever ones work best. If some members want to do Jumpstart January: the modfied cleaning Grand Plan: GREAT. If some want to set up a year round version of Houseworks: AWESOME, feel free. I will be doing Houseworks (a summer version, right after JumpStart January) If some want something a little more holiday oriented then Monthly Magic might fit the bill nicely.
Monthly Magic will go hand in hand with any cleaning plan as it is a framework for organizing and planning holiday and seasonal events.

Personally I like to mix it up a bit as far as the cleaning plans because it keeps me motivated. We will also continue with different Countdowns. BUT please don't feel like you need to do them all. We have variety because our members all like different things and that's awesome because we learn so much from each other.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
The basic idea of Monthly Magic is to provide a framework....a way to look at the month and plan when and how to get stuff done. You add the actual details. BUT with us posting it at the beginning of each month...hopefully it will help us keep on track. Right now I have the plan divided into four areas: (subject to modification at any time...lol)

1. Tracking: keeping track of monthly events etc
2. Celebrations: planning any celebrations that occur that month
3. Creative: crafts, decor, and other creative monthly chores (or joys)
4. Future: looking ahead to the next month, Rudolph Day (and other yr round Christmas prep), GPD, and Turkey Day plans

Each month we will plan together and then post accomplishments, questions, suggestions etc.

rockin_granola

Retire Member
Dec 27, 2007
Go Colts!
www.rockingranola.com
Gingerbug said:
1. Tracking: keeping track of monthly events etc
2. Celebrations: planning any celebrations that occur that month
3. Creative: crafts, decor, and other creative monthly chores (or joys)
4. Future: looking ahead to the next month, Rudolph Day (and other yr round Christmas prep), GPD, and Turkey Day plans

Each month we will plan together and then post accomplishments, questions, suggestions etc.

THANK YOU Gingerbug! :grin: This sounds like exactly what I was hoping to find when I first started my search on organizing for the holidays that led me to this forum.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Thanks Kara....its an approach I have been "playing with" for a couple years now. But I am sure we will tweak it and change it a bit as it all unfolds...I am interested in everyones' ideas and input. What works...what doesn't, how the adapt the plan for their own life etc.

Iluvsantasandsnowmen

Retire Member
Oct 27, 2007
In the state of confusion still...
Thanx Gingerbug!! This sounds good to me!! Thanx, for doing my thinking for me!! Look forward to what 08 will bring!! Hopefully a neater home!! And with everyones help it will be done!! :applause: :pink:
Barbara

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Sounds wonderful, can't wait!

Tasha

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
Arkansas
I'm going to hop on board this too!

I hope to have Christmas preparations done extra early this year. I want more handmade elements to the decor and such.