Most Prefer Merry Christmas to Happy Holidays

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Jeff Westover

MHH Maintenance Dept.
Staff member
MHH Admin
Sep 7, 2009
Cache Valley, Utah
mymerrychristmas.com
As Americans crowd stores nationwide, most still prefer being greeted by signs that say “Merry Christmas” rather than “Happy Holidays.” According to the latest Rasmussen Reports survey, just one-out-of-four Adults (24%) like “Happy Holidays” instead. Sixty-nine percent (69%) prefer that stores use signs that say “Merry Christmas.The survey of 1,000 Adults nationwide was conducted on [...]

More...

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'm a Merry Christmas girl too!

gameshowguy2000

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Garland, TX
www.myspace.com
For me, it's "Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, AND Season's Greetings!"

I have a message for those who don't use the latter 2 greetings: It's not just the Christmas season, it's also the HOLIDAY season: Thanksgiving, Christmas, AND New Year's. It's about THREE Holidays, not just one (five if you decide to include Hannukah and Kwanzaa).

And remember, "Jesus is A (not "THE") reason for the Season, Santa being the other."

Last edited:

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
For me, it's "Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, AND Season's Greetings!"

And remember, "Jesus is A (not "THE") reason for the Season, Santa being the other."

If I may (kindly and gently) make the reminder that 'Santa' is derived from the story of Saint Nick who is a saint due to his love for God and his son Jesus.

gameshowguy2000

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Garland, TX
www.myspace.com
If I may (kindly and gently) make the reminder that 'Santa' is derived from the story of Saint Nick who is a saint due to his love for God and his son Jesus.

I understand that, but are you telling me that Santa, snow, snowmen, and reindeer are just secular Christmas symbols? Because when you go out shopping, how much of the Christmas merchandise is dedicated to Jesus' birth? Very little, if you ask me.

And my sister and I have argued over whether there are more Christmas carols/songs about Santa, snowmen, snow, and reindeer (i.e. Jingle Bells, Frosty, Rudolph, Sleigh Ride, etc.) than about Jesus' birth (Silent Night, God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, etc.). She says the latter category has more and I say the former. Who's right?

And I don't know which category the songs "Here we Come-a-Caroling/Wassailing" and "Carol of the Bells" fall in, so help me.

Last edited: