Mother Nature's Blessings

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
So the ice storms here have blessed me with two days off from work. Makes me realize just how wonderful the gift of TIME is....oh I still have a lot to do but really feel like I am making progress at least cleaning!!!!

Lou

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
I am finished with school so the ice hasn't stopped me but my youngest has today off due to bad weather.

We're wrapping gifts, ordering some last minute things online with the fireplace lit and the christmas lights aglow. I too feel like I'm given the gift of time when they call a snow/bad weather day.

I hope everyone is staying safe and warm.

I think it's time for hot chocolate!

:bigsnow:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Our schools have been closed for the past two days as well due to ice and no electricity at one of the elementary schools. DS5 only goes from 12-3 on Tuesdays and Fridays anyway for Pre-K, but this was going to be his last day until January since we are leaving on Thursday for Michigan. Oh well. lol

coffeenut

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 10, 2007
Spartan Country-mi
southern part of the state has had ice, and they also have had two days off from school, but in the area where i live we have had a little ice and snow but not much tonight is supposed to be bad and they are saying Sun we could have snow all day. We will see.
Sounds like everyone is busy.

itsanewme

MHH Member
Nov 18, 2007
watching Off Kilter
DS15 had a school delay yesterday, another expected tomorrow
I called in sick today due to a fall on the ice the other day - hurt my knee.
Got the kitchen & 3 bathrooms cleaned
Called doctors & insurance companies

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Sorry about the fall...but it gave you some "think" time if nothing else....looking for the silver lining...lol

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
As a SAHM, I forget what a wonderful blessing an unexpected day off from work can be! My DS reminded me of that when I saw his excitement of having his two hour school delay turn into a day off from school. Oh, the gift of a whole day! We don't get much snow here, so it's a rare treat.