Move It Out Monday 1/10/11

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Someone at work put up an announcement saying if we have old christmas trees or decorations he recuperates everything and makes wreaths and such out of them. I have seen his stuff and it really nice.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I dropped off two huge bags of clothes at Goodwill this morning! YAY! Of course, I probably have a ton more....baby steps, baby steps!

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
Well, the best laid plans... I have things ready to go to the charity shop and recycling, but we're snowed in!! They'll have to wait until the roads are clear, or until the snow melts on our road. We live at the end of a little private lane, and it's almost straight up to get to the public road!! A pain sometimes, but we don't get much snow here, and I really love it.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I worked on paperwork all morning.

I'm going to have to work on other things after lunch.

Baby steps!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Walked into the thrift store with one bag. I told them since I did not bring three bags I was not even allowed to look. I put on my blinders and dashed outside before I saw anything to get distracted. In my heart I just know there was something I really really wanted in there just waiting. Glad I did not look. lol

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I managed to go through Eli's clothes and sorted out a big stack that won't fit anymore. So that went into the box I already had with clothes in it that need to go. We are snowed in too, for now but the box is sitting by the door so hopefully I won't forget it the next time I go to that part of town.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
My recycling can't go out till Wed. so still some time to put more in it Unless bad weather then they might not have it. First time to here so don't know.

I took 4 binders back to work. We give binders out (3 ring type) to keep your statements in. I was given one for each of the kids and our accts when the bank first got them in. Hve never used them so took them back. My boss said why are those coming back in? I said decluttering at home and they have never been used. We have gobs at work too.

So will work on more stuff tonight.

Patricia

Retire Member
Another box gone! Today I went thru a trunk where I stored a lot of knick-knack type things. If I had something similar or if I truly didn't love it, out it went!

I find that the further I get into decluttering, it is getting easier and easier to part with things. My biggest break-through was today about wasting lots of money on useless things. I realized that the money is already spent and there is no way to get it back. So, my choices are to have a clutter-free home, or a home filled with reminders of past mistakes. Easy choice, right?

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Last minute purge today. Did the bins under my bed that hold nail polish, hair coloring and waxing supplies. Purged my entire jewelry stand, did shoes, purses and other misc crap in my closet. I even decluttered a full bag of holiday pins and jewelry I never wear anymore. Cheap stuff I had from when I was younger and from when my daughter purged last. Feels good!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am on a roll. This time i am being very ruthless. If I don't really love it ...Move it out.
Eventually DH and I will be downsizing and it is great to be getting rid of some stuff now. My bedroom looks great after the effort we have put into it in the last week. I will move on to the lounge room tomorrow and out it goes.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Katrina...I hear ya. I said this before. But it's amazing how each time I go through a room, I toss something I kept last time that I said I wanted still. I looked at those purses last night and I'm like...I DON'T even like carrying a purse...They're GONE!!

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
Well, I didn't get much decluttering done yesterday for Move it Out Monday but I've read all the posts and am determined to get a lot done today.

Last week I got rid of some old Christmas stuff. I put an old tree stand and two light-up deer for outside that haven't worked in a few years and are no longer worth the trouble of trying to fight with every year.

The best part was I put them down at the curb early and someone had taken them before the trash collectors came. I love when that happens! I hope someone has a use for them as spare parts or can fix them up and enjoy them. Sometime I will do that with stuff I want to get rid that isn't really worth the trip to the thrift shop to donate (ot they won't take it) but I think it still has some worth. I put it down at the curb early so someone has a chance to see it and take it. That way it's out of my house and in the hands of someone who wants it.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I find that the further I get into decluttering, it is getting easier and easier to part with things. My biggest break-through was today about wasting lots of money on useless things. I realized that the money is already spent and there is no way to get it back. So, my choices are to have a clutter-free home, or a home filled with reminders of past mistakes. Easy choice, right?

I find this too...it does get easier to let things go. I can't even think about how much money I spent on things that I didn't even use and let go. I agree, that the choice should be an easy one. I hope I've learned...!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Another box gone! Today I went thru a trunk where I stored a lot of knick-knack type things. If I had something similar or if I truly didn't love it, out it went!

What we have to do now is not bring any thing else into the house.
When we are out shopping we must decide,
Do I love it,
Will I use it,
Where will I put it,
and what will I be doing with it next year.

Hopefully that will help save us from bringing clutter into the house and hopefully saving some money as well.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I agree with the money we've wasted. It's amazing. I decide years ago to buy quality items that would not need to be replaced. It has made a lot of difference in how much money I do not spend. The first thing I picked up was pots and pans. I always wanted Revere ware but hated the price. Now that I have them I could kick myself for not buying them sooner. When my aunt died she still was using her set she'd received for a wedding gift over 50 years ago.

Today I cleaned out one of the kitchen drawers. It's one that I do not use often. It was dirty. Not much to get rid of but the dirty. But dirt is good to declutter.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Made progress in the basement...not anywhere near done down there but progress is progress.

THREE BAGS of Trash to MOVE OUT.....

Still working my way through Christmas decor...there is some I really need to take to the thrift shop etc...but with all our snow...wasn't a good day for that venture...

Set up a play area for Evan in the basement, cleaned off an old computer desk so he can use it as a desk/play dough/puzzle area....etc...Even hooked up a little TV with a VCR player/DVD player....He thought it was really neat to have his own little SPACE....and he even picked up toys etc and put them away after wards... :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Went through the book shelf in the loungeroom. Getting rid of 15/20 books. A big pile of magazines that I will tear ideas out of and put into a folder. It looks great, a big difference.