Move It Out Monday 1/17/11

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Whew...been so busy moving it out...almost forgot this Monday's thread...hehehehe

Seriously today:

Moved out an old TV
Move out an old stereo set
Moved out three boxes to Goodwill
Moved out four bags of trash

I also have more TRASH ready to be bagged and moved out...trash man doesn's come till Thursday so will have it ready by then.

And I have two new boxes started for Goodwill.

Maybe I actually will have a clean basement in my lifetime...LOL

And as hard as it is to believe....there is still a ton to do....My basement alsmost reminds me of an episode of Hoarders.....YIKES

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Stayed about 3 1/2 hours late tonight at work to go through some papers myself. Mostly personal stuff really, just figured since DH and DD were gone, I might as well make myself useful. BUT now I'm off to watch the Bachelor and finish wrapping my 2nd tree ornaments up. I think that will be about it for me today.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
good job on getting all that big stuff out. I threw out some papers on the counter. I hope to do some more tomorrow. I didn't feel well today so I didn't do much.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I went through a big pile of magazines that i have had for years. Tore out anything I was interested in and put them in a binder. Went from a huge pile to a little binder I am happy. Rest of the magazines went in the recycling. Cleared out some other binders that I had various bits of paper in, filed what i needed and tossed the rest. It feels great.

I even found some fabric and threads while I was cleaning up, and now have 2 projects to craft in the evenings. Will give them to my mum for her birthday and christmas so a win/win situation.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I tossed a good number of papers between today and yesterday.

I also tossed some boxes and naturally DH decided he needed them today after they had been left out in the snow and rain.

I have some other bookcases and a desk that I might start on tonight..

Debbie

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I am off to the kitchen now to go through the plastic cabinet. I can not seem to find tops to some of my stuff and I know I have them. Plus I have way too many chinese take out containers and the lunch meat I get often comes in reusable containers. If I have some w/ tops I need to figure out what to do w/ them. They may all go in recycling.

goodelf

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2007
I didn't get chance to post last week, but I gave a huge bag of old blankets away.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
You all are doing great!

Goodelf - I have so many older blankets and linens that need to go...thanks for the motivation!