Move It Out Monday 1/3/11

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Okay girls....get ready...tomorrow is officially the first MOVE IT OUT MONDAY...of January! Some of you have already started...I say awesome job! See if you can find a tad more to get rid of tomorrow...or make sure those bags and boxes actually leave your house tomorrow...

Post in this thread....what you Moved Out!!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
It is already Monday here. DH and I are going through our wardrobes at the moment. As soon as that is done we are off to the charity bin to drop it all off.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I know exactly what I'm going to do tomorrow. I need to empty out the extra cups and misc crud in my cabinet so I can store my new blenders and food processor. Everyone knew I wanted a blender for the past year, so one friend bought me a cuisinart food processor and blender combo set. The other friend bought me a Ninja (as seen on tv) blender. So now I'm good to go, just need storage space I can access easily. I'll do that tomorrow when I get home!

Merry Christmas

MHH Member
Oct 16, 2007
Rocky Mountains
I will be working in my bedroom. I don't know why, but this seems to be the place that, like my kitchen counter, collects the most JUNK!!

I'll be getting started on it when I get home from work. I won't have a lot of time to work on it, but I can promise that there will be AT LEAST a bag of junk moving out. It's going to be exciting to see things coming together.

:snowman:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
For my "Move It Out Monday" it will be empty boxes that I have had in closet and around. Some were for presents to wrap and others just appear. Quite a few I have stacked.

They are all over my bed so will do that when I get home. Would also like to move the wrapping container out.

Those items will make a huge difference in my dressing room.

Then I will be folding some clothes in there and maybe clean a drawer. All the little steps will make for a HUGE overhaul!

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
16 old college textbooks
old desktop computer monitor
huge box of my old trophies
bag of assorted clothes, shoes, purses (weighs about 30 pounds)

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I have a box that has been sitting on the laundry porch for months now that has toddler clothes in it that need to go. There's also some toys and coats. I'll put them in my van to be dropped off when we go to the store today. Later i'll work on my closet and Eli's closet and getting rid of some things.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I am EXCITED about Move It Out Monday!!! Our FIRST of 2011!!!!!

And.... our trash cans have extra room this week! Our trash is picked up on Friday... and we left Friday and just returned today (Monday)! So.... No trash went in for three days! Do.... EXTRA ROOM! And... I have enthusiasm to Move It Out!!!!!!

Our Thrift Shop does not accept donations on Monday, Tuesday. so... I will load things into the trunk of the car to deliver on Wednesday!

Good luck, partners!!!! Let's ship it up and move it out!!!! YaHOO!!!!!

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Move-it-out Monday for me so far has been a bag of clothes from my closet and one from dh closet...taken to Goodwill...more to come I hope!!!...ooooo...got rid of some empty boxes also!!!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
HAvn't got a lot b/c I was taking down the tree. I did have one box of ornaments from several yrs ago, never opened that I will add to the yard sale pile. It doesn't officially move it out of the house but into the attic. I took the 2 white lawn ornament dear and put them on the trail for trash. One never lit up this year and the other only 1/2 lit up. Time to get rid of those as well then.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Two big trash bags out the door!!! After this MHH Break... I am grabbing one more and going back into the two rooms that need work!!!

I am trying to remind myself that this is not going to be all done in ONE day!!

Flylady asks us to toss out 7 things a day! Any seven! Even pieces of paper... if that is all we can manage on a particular day!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
SN - today I did toss a few things in the garbage. glad that counts. With all de dedecorating & cleaning up after the holidays going out I am not feeling up to decluttering today. :(

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
I mentioned this last night on the other thread, but I'd better mention is on the Move It Out Mondays, so I'll be encouraged by what everyone is doing, and stay with it. I took my load of clothes to the Salvation Army Thrift Store on Friday, so I could get the receipt for 2010. Today I have two bags of mixed paper for recycling, even though it looks like I've done nothing to my desk! I still have stacks and stacks of things I've copied from the computer. I know I've copied some knitting patterns 2 or 3 times because I couldn't find them in the piles! So far, so good! And doesn't it feel good?

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I tossed a lot this weekend - trash goes out on Sunday night - so I can take a break on Monday.

I will be taking down the Christmas cards from the mantle today and all the holiday stuff should be gone by then.

Debbie

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
while in my closet dealing w/ Christmas stuff I took several shirt out I don't wear to get rid of. every little bit counts today. We will get the christmas trash boxes off the back porch and to the trash tonight b/c they pick up in the am. the porch will look much better after that.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
My three bags are still in the car. I took someone to the doctor's and I was trapped there until after the thrift store closed. I'll try again on Wednesday. I'll have more to bring by then.