Move it out Monday 3.28

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
It's been a while since we have done one of these. What are you moving out today?

I was trying to get the 4 new pairs of shoes I got into my closet (in my defense I don't buy shoes often and 2 were only $5 and I know I will wear them, on is sandles and the other are also dressier sandles for the wedding and other). I pulled out 1 pair I never wear, and 1 pair I forced myself to get rid of. I liked the style/fit however the bottom where you foot is, was missing a part of the material and the band on top had some light stains on it. So if I really miss them I will be on the look out for a similar pair. Don't need a pair that is torn up. Also moved some stuff around. There are books my parents give me to read I havn't touched in forever and will pull some out to give back. There were 3 small photo albums for the boys picts they took in Disney 2 yrs ago as well as the folders of picts for 2 of them. So I made DS12 go through his and put them in the album and put it in his room. Did the same for DS6 picts but I did them for him, trashed the other stuff.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Been busy...but did manage a Move it Out Monday this week...

GONE:

1. Two bags of old clothes
2. Two boxes of books
3. A Box of assorted stuff I no longer wanted
4. Two big bags of basement trash!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I need room for my food storage, so I'm going to go empty out the top of my closet. Told DH last night. He wants those 20 year old blankets, he can keep them in his office. I'm going to use that space! BE BACK!

Okay...I'm back and one of the big bags was MINE, not my DH. So I filled up a whole trash bag of pants. Pants that a friend had given me with brand new tags that didn't fit when I got them. So they are gone!! Left 3 blankets down for the DH to do whatever he wishes with. I also found some pictures and framed items I'm saving for my daughter in the future and I got them wrapped up, so they won't get so dirty. Other then those frames, the top of my closet is now clear for some storage.

Last edited:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I didn't get anything decluttered this week of my own. I helped my DD declutter her DVD collection. Have almost 30 of them to go. Then when we were setting up her room at the group home we emptied one drawer that was filled with gloves, scarves and hats.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Kids rooms count. That's for dang sure! Supervising my DD is a biggie in getting stuff out!!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Good job ladies. Declutting kids room most definatly count!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Sounds like you all did good! :)

Ginger, you sure moved alot out! That basement has to be looking darn good. Of course I know basements can hold alot but you have been doing really good at it!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Thanks Lana....it is looking better but no where near I want it to be....believe it or not there is still a ton of stuff down there....YIKES....it is about 30 years worth....LOL...those two boxes of books were only declutter 2 shelves and I have about 12-13 more shelves in the lubrary unit down there.....most of the books are going....some are old childrens books from when the kids were young so may keep a few but not many...old books get dusty and musty and many are not of interest to Evan (my grandson) because new ones come out etc...so OUT OUT OUT they go

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Hey Ginger, kit could be worse. My MIL collects National Geographics. Hope I don't offend anyone if they do, but I was oh so happy when she told me she's leaving 20-30 years worth to my husband! Oh...what joy. HOWEVER.....I think I'm going to call her and see just how far back they go. Because when I was thrift store shopping last week I came across some back covers from the 50's that have some great coca-cola christmas advertising. They were awesome. When I was out, I realize I have a thing for old ad's and fashion ladies from the 50's. When I see all that cool stuff, It makes me wonder about throwing it all away, and what will be worth something some day. But I guess I'll leave the collecting up to someone else!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Today is the last day of March! AND.... our Declutter Club continues right on into April!

I have started the April Declutter Club thread.... in case anybody has any thoughts/goals for April decluttering!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
If you have the time and interest when it comes to old National geographic and some books they sell for good money on ebay. That's my friend's newest thing is getting all kinds of books and selling them on ebay.