Moving into May 2024

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Moving into the 5th month of 2024 and I am staggered by how quickly time is moving. Trying my hardest to get back into some routine this week. Nationals are now behind me and I have nothing major planned for the next few weeks. Time to get some things done around home. I am glad that the weather should be still nice enough to get some more cleaning and prep done.

Weekly/Fortnightly:
*washing /fold washing (X)( )
*vacuum floors ( )
*clean bathrooms (X)(X)
*general tidy up/household maintenance (X)
*clean fridge/freezers (X)( )
*tidy pantry/stockpile (X)( )
*meal planning (X)
*shopping list (fortnightly) (X) grocery shopping (fortnightly) (X)...remember to take water (X)

April goals:
*Lunch with friends on the 5th (X)
*1 DrillDance competition (State Titles) (X)
*DrillDance Nationals (X) 17th-23rd April
*ANZAC Day Dawn Service and March (X) 25th April
*Finish at least 1 craft ( )
*Finish at least one book (X)
*Work on modified HGP (/)
*Start looking at CIJ content (/ )
*Continue taking items to the farm (X)

Extras:
Fun/Christmas prep:

*tidy/rearrange gift closet ( )
*update planner ( )
*do something that is just for me (X) started watching Gilmore Girls
*read. The goal this year is 10 books ( ) Have read 4
*start/continue/finish one craft project (/ ) knitting baby cardigan
*continue looking for stocking fillers, gifts and supplies (X) doing well with this

This week:
*Connect with family via phone, email or text (X)
*Work Monday and Tuesday (X)
*Groceries Thursday (X)
*Pick up library books (X)
*Set May goals ( )
*DrillDance meeting Saturday ( )
*Pick up dry cleaning (X)
*Nails (X)

5 small chores:
*wash bedroom blinds (X)
*ring car dealership (X) ring doctor (X)
*clean fridge (X)
*HGP one room ( )dining room this week.
*send parcel to DS (X)

Word of the Year 2024: Value

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I can not believe that we are entering May in a few days! Dh and I are having weekly planning meetings to prepare for graduation. I think it is helpful to see what is important to dh and what is important to me. We have updated the list of what needs to get done before the party and what can get done after the party. We have one more weekend to get things done outside. However, we are working outside in the evening when we do have good weather. We're hoping that this offsets the potential for a rainy weekend.

Daily:
  • Exercise
  • Prayer
  • Calendar Review of Appointments/Meetings
  • Reading
  • Writing
  • Coffee Prep for the next day
  • Lunch Prep for the next day
  • Breakfast Prep for the next day

Weekly:
  • Outfit Planning for this week
  • Menu Planning for this week
  • Meal Prep for this week
  • Dust/Vacuum/Mop
  • Bills
  • Laundry
  • Groceries
  • End of Last Week Reflection
  • Set Research/Writing Goals
Monthly:
  • Living Room, Entrance, Dining Room and Front Porch:
    • Dust Blinds.
    • Sweep the front porch.
    • Clean the front door.
    • Wipe down the wall and door jambs.
    • Dust the chandelier.
    • Wipe down dining room chairs.
    • Declutter for 15 minutes
    • Make “Spruce Up” list

Extra: Work off of Party Prep Timeline

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, the weekly planning meetings sound like a very good idea. I love that the weather is warm enough to work outside in the evenings.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
The more I think of it the more I like the idea pf Mary's weekly meetings. I am considering doing this for DH and I when we retire so we know what the week ahead looks like for us both.

Reactions: halimer and jampss

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
It's May and month five already! Wow! :eek: Working on MHH ornaments for swap. Trying to do a little more exercises (so hard to be motivated). I will enjoy the little bit of cool spring weather until ... it ends and it's HOT. o_O

Daily:
Exercise & Water (XXXXXXX)
Bullet Coffee (XXXXXXX)
Watch The Bible Recap on YT; Prayer Journal & Devotional (XXXXXXX)
Calendar Review of Appointments / Email / MHH (XXXXX)
Read / Watch News (XXXXX)
Dinner Prep (XXXX)
Listen to Audio Book (XXXXXXX)
Review / Edit one Etsy Listing ()
Crochet for Fun / Ministry (XXX)

Weekly:
Jumpstart Cleaning Plan area (X)
Menu Planning (X)
Groceries / Meal Prep (X)
Clean Bathroom / Dust / Vacuum / Mop / Laundry (XX)
Bills (X)
Online History Class ()
Post FB / IG for Etsy (X)
Work on Etsy Crochet Item ()
Water Garden (X)
Errands (X)

Monthly: May
Check Pantry / Freezer / Refrigerator ()
Upcoming Holidays / Birthdays: Need Cards / Gifts (X)
Etsy Shop Sales / Expenses ()
Check Subscriptions Tracker Sheet / Supplements ()
Weight Check ()
Work on Christmas 2024 Crochet Gifts ()
19th Celebrate Me Day ()
House To Do List ()
Vacuum Van ()

MAR APR MAY - SPRING
Garden Prep for Spring (X)
Meal Plan for Easter (X)
Decorate for Spring (X)
Pull out Frig and Sweep behind (X)
Sweep under Stove (X)

Check Smoke Detector Battery / Test Carbon Monoxide Alarm ()

JUN JUL AUG - SUMMER
MHH Christmas in July ()

SEPT OCT NOV - AUTUMN
Garden Prep for Fall ()
Meal Plan for Thanksgiving / Baking ()
Decorate for Fall ()
Check Points on Apps for Rewards / Gift Cards ()

DEC JAN FEB - WINTER
Mulch Over the Garden (X)
Word of the Year (X)
Meal Plan for Christmas / NYE / Baking (X)
Decorate for Christmas (X)

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jampss, hopefully the months ahead are not unbearably hot. I do enjoy the milder weather.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
You are so sweet to say that :) !!!
But they will be as always :eek: !!!
LOL :p

IMG_1601.png

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
You are so sweet to say that :) !!!
But they will be as always :eek: !!!
LOL :p

IMG_1601.png
Ugh. Well hopefully you will come up with ingenious ways of surviving. Let me know what you discover.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
The more I think of it the more I like the idea pf Mary's weekly meetings. I am considering doing this for DH and I when we retire so we know what the week ahead looks like for us both.
It's been real helpful for us. Dh's job has required a lot more travel these last few months. I am use to planning ahead and working out a detailed schedule in order to get things done. Dh is not but I think he sees the benefits of it now.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Dh and I are having weekly planning meetings to prepare for graduation. I think it is helpful to see what is important to dh and what is important to me.

This thread keeps popping up in my Feed, so even though I don't chime in and follow a similar plan, I do scan through it for ideas to help keep me organized. And this caught my eye, so wanted to share my experience with something similar.

As I've commented before, I grew up in SW MI and late DH was from Chicago. His parents had retired to MI and lived about a mile from my parents. From the time we married and I moved to IL, we'd head over to either his parents (had more room, but we'd see my family, too) or to our boat literally every single weekend, weather permitting. As we got older, we'd use that 90 minute drive to go over our schedules for the coming week, identify household projects that were a "must" for the week, DD would add in her after school games and events, and we'd plan out our menu for the week (including breakfasts on-the-go*, lunches, and dinners), and I'd create the grocery list as we drove. We'd often go directly to the store to tackle groceries, before unloading our weekend gear, laundry bag, any local produce we'd picked up, and the cooler of leftovers from the boat. This continued even after we became empty nesters.

This was was our time together, uninterrupted. What else was there to do when we were stuck in I-94 weekend traffic? Make use of those unexpected moments to catch up and plan your lives together, talk about favorite foods or dishes that you want to try. It's where I learned that my DH didn't reeally like Open Pit BBQ sauce, Sweet Baby Ray's was closer to what his dad made (and it's where my DD complained that my "goulash isn't like Grandma's, hers is better" even though I used my DM's recipe). There may come a time when you miss those opportunities. As I menu plan each week, 10 years after DH's passing, I still mentally converse with him and savor that banter and our car-ride planning conversations.

* I included breakfasts in our menu discussions because DH and I would commute together most mornings, since his main location was also downtown. We'd do things like yogurt shakes, with granola bars, bagels or english muffins with toppings, hard boiled eggs, etc. -- things we could eat in the car on our way to work. Talking about potential breakfast ideas for the week was dual-purpose, in the beginning -- talking about the importance of balanced nutrition with a teen-ager and I'd know what to add to the grocery list. And, when she was living at home and in the car with us, DD could add in her likes -- blueberry yogurt over peach, no bagels with seeds on top (braces), favorite flavors for instant oatmeal in the fall and winter months, what fruits and other items she'd prefer for her lunches, etc.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
This was was our time together, uninterrupted.
This turn of the thread is really interesting.

I find that the main time that I can command DH's total attention is when we are dining alone in a restaurant - could be fast food - could be better. That's where I just have to work on getting him to put his phone down instead of all the other distractions. Otherwise I just have to announce that I want to speak so he can turn off the tv, radio, whatever.

Now the problem is getting him to remember what I said - and that is a whole other situation;)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lori, that is a great suggestion. DH and I travel to the farm most weekends so a great time to discuss plans etc.

Now the problem is getting him to remember what I said - and that is a whole other situation
:) Debbie, totally agree. DH often forgets whole conversations. bless him ;)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Lori what a wonderful opportunity you had to get things talked out.
I too check here but as I already write down my to-do list on a notepad I do not repaste here. I like writing it out on a pad and crossing it out.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I too check here but as I already write down my to-do list on a notepad I do not repaste here. I like writing it out on a pad and crossing it out.
I also love writing things out on my planner. I love ticking things off when they are complete.