My 2011 Word/phrase-Exploring the simple

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I just re-read this thread. I really had some GREAT ideas, however somewhere I got off track. 2011 has been a "WHEW" year in alot of places.

So I've decided for me personally, I will choose a word or phrase each month to focus on. As well as try to incorporate some of the ideas from this thread into my journey.

I hope to keep a handwritten journal so I can see each month how good I did & what needs to be improved upon...

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
great idea! I know I have gotten off track also. And boy you have had a roller coaster year. Doing something each month is kind of like the Happiness Project. Looking forward to your journey

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Thanks Shannon. I wrote my 12 Commandments & my Secrets to Adulthood down in a little leather journal I bought a couple of weeks ago. I bought it because I liked the feel of it but then knew I'd have to wait to write in it until I felt "this" whatever this was, would be what I felt would be best written in it. If that makes ay sense lol

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I've been looking around the net, books, social media etc... for over a week looking for the phrase that struck a cord with me to be my phrase for Jan 2012. I found it today in the comment section of 1 of the post on Gretchen Rubin's The Happiness Project blog.

So my phrase to live by for Jan 2012 will be: "Lay the Foundation" since Jan is the first month of the new year, it is the month we begin to Lay the Foundation of the year. Hope to find a quote to go with this that will be like a secondary reminder...

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
Very nice, Tricia!

Annie

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I forget to pick my phrase or word for the month until this pass week, when I realized what I'd been doing my best to do this month. So the phrase for Feb is:Go with the flow:)

How is everyone doing with their word or phrase?

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
My 2012 word- HOME. I've been doing Ok. Would like to do better. Haven't started on those closets yet.

Tricia- With my sister with me well into January and my dad being gone two weeks of February, Go with the Flow is what I have been living by too.

What I really need to do- and this is no joke- is take off from work a Th and Friday but not tell any of my family. That way I can have a chunk of time at HOME!

Annie

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Sometimes Go with the Flow is all we can do.

Annie you might be onto something there with your "secret" Thurs-Fri off:)