My boys are magical

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Last night both my boys made me proud to call them mine. DS11 (very soon to be 12) is on the Autism spectrum, slight mental retardation, severe anger problems and has ADD/ODD on top of everything else is just being a typical tween. Oh I so lucked out with dd13 she has not given us any typical teen issues as of yet anyway. DS has never ever read to me and does not like me to read to him anymore. His teachers have told me that he is reading very well but of course not grade level. His teacher knows that he will not read at home. Yesturday morning he wanted money to buy a book at the bookfair, and we just don't say no to books. Last night he comes in my room (was supposed to be in bed asleep) to read this funny part in the book he bought. He then read me two chapters of this book. I was so proud of him. Even though the book was one of the "Diary of a Whimpy Kid". He read to me and he can read!!!!! :party:

My other ds10 plays football. He did not get the position he wanted (just not playing right for that position). He wanted to quit because he did not get that position. No way I don't pay out $160 a season for you to quit. Must finish out the season and step up and prove that you can play the position. Coaches want 110% at practices you give 220% to prove yourself. It payed off and was given another position that he wanted. As long as he continues to step up and prove himself. He was so proud of himself as I was. He say's he still wants to prove himself for the other position and I know he will. DH got home from work right after we got home from practice, ds ran out the door and got to the car before his dad could get out and told him his great news. He told him see we have been telling you could do it. DH also told him that he did great at proving himself during last weeks game also. DH was helping with down marker and got to see ds get some great tackles that I couldn't see on the other side of the field. He can do anything he sets his mind too.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Kim ~ Wonderful stories, and lucky kids to have such caring and involved parents!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Kim, congratulations to your boys on their awesome feats!! I think that is wonderful. Tell them how proud all of us at MHH are of them, too. :applause: (I'm with you: books are a very good thing!)

You and your hubby deserve a lot of praise as well. Kudos to you both for making DS Football Player persevere. He won't forget this lesson, I assure you. Jobs well done. Blessings to all of you!!

:bigsnow:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Enjoy your proud mother moment. Sounds like you have some really special boys!!

:applause: Melanie