My countdown to the Boo!Bash

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Our Boo!Bash is ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!! AAAGGGGG!! I'm not ready, but I will be! Thankfully, I've been planning since June, so it's just a matter of pulling it together. Most everything has to be done last minute, because it's all outside and it's supposed to rain here Monday and Tuesday. BUT-and here's the sweet part-after the rain clears out, the temp is supposed to drop to low 60s during the day and 40s at night! Perfect outdoor party/firepit weather!! I'm so excited. On top of getting ready, we have something going on every night this week and Saturday morning. Never fails. I've decided to decorate sort of vintage style-I'm using orange crepe paper to make garlands, along with black nylon net, and balloons, and of course, mums, gourds, pumpkins and hay.

Sunday:
*church
*go to farm and scavenge for pumpkins and gourds-DH saw some that the deer didn't get!
*work on crepe paper garlands for porch
*inventory Christmas lights to go on fence and back porch
*Wal-Mart for groceries
*make rsvp follow up calls and e-mails

Monday:
*clean house, specifically our bathroom and bedroom
*laundry

Tuesday:
*work on paper garlands
*babysit 11 mo old nephew-nothing else will get done today!! LOL

Wednesday:
*costume check-make sure everyone has what they need-fill in gaps
*put lights on fence

Thursday:
*finish making crepe paper garlands
*finish putting lights on fence and porch
*clean porch, arrange furniture, decorate
*get tables from Mom's
*decorate back yard flowerbeds with mums, pumpkins and hay

Friday:
*move dogs to Mom's house
*put up garlands on porch
*put hay in dogs' area to cover up anything undesirable
*set up tables
*set up firepit area with pit, haybales for seating
*spot clean house
*move paper products outside to porch

Saturday:
*finish all decorating and add balloons; decorate tables
*make popcorn, put in garbage bag to store; fill paper bags as needed
*make hot cider-crock pots
*set up big coffee pot and brew
*make lemon cider-put in jar on pedestal
*get ice
*move trash cans, put extra trash bags outside
*make punch, iced tea
*feed family, shower and dress at 5:00 pm

Can I get it all done??? We'll see! :jack:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Ours is a week away too....I'll make a list and post it later....Great idea!!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
That is quite a list you have there. It seems like you have everything organized, so don't worry, things will go smoothly!!

Hope your party is a huge success!!

:jack: Melanie

Christysue

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
:hat: Wow, what a list. I'm sure everything will be wonderful.
Have a great time at your party! :jack:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Here's my progress so far. I feel pretty good about how it's going!

Sunday:
*church-Done, twice! :pink:
*go to farm and scavenge for pumpkins and gourds-DH saw some that the deer didn't get! didnt' get to do this...something came up, time ran out!! :thud:
*work on crepe paper garlands for porch-Working on it :ghost:
*inventory Christmas lights to go on fence and back porch moved to Wednesday because of rain :ghost:
*Wal-Mart for groceries Done! :pink:
*make rsvp follow up calls and e-mails Done :pink:

Monday:
*clean house, specifically our bathroom and bedroom Thank You, Lord! It's done! :applause:
*laundry yeah, yeah, yeah. It'll never be completely done! LOL! :help:

So far, so good!!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Tuesday:
*work on paper garlands Done!
*babysit 11 mo old nephew-nothing else will get done today!! LOL So true! It was so fun!
It has been raining for two days, with two more days predicted. I am hoping for a few minutes today of dry weather to get the lights up on the fence. Tomorrow there's a 70% chance of rain! :ghost:

It is raining here Today in Central Florida. The only good thing about the rain today is that it has cooled down our heat wave. The past 2 days have been scorchers!!! I heard we are supposed to START cooling down a little bit over the weekend.

You have made wonderful progress in your to do list!!! Keep up all your hard work and then sit back and enjoy the bash!!!! Don't forget to take pictures!!!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Wednesday:
*costume check-make sure everyone has what they need-fill in gaps Mostly done. Just need to get a mask for DH and a new pair of sunglasses for Elwood Blues (DS14!)
*put lights on fenceDone! Just need to get one more strand and it'll be done! Also, DH put tube lights on the porch, so it's well lit, as well.

Also, my brother delivered my hay today...it's supposed to rain tomorrow and we were afraid it would be too muddy to get a load of hay out tomorrow or Friday...and I'm too scared to wait until Saturday, just in case!! He brought me 32 bales!

This weather is killing me, but most of the stuff left to do would have to be done Friday and Saturday, anyway! So, it's all good!!

I actually have someone assigned to take pictures!!

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Well, it's cold and rainy today. Normally, I would love this weather-and I do today too! It's just that I have a lot to do outside and I'm afraid I won't get it all done in two days. Oh, well...whatever gets done, gets done. No one knows but me, anyway! I really think I can get it all taken care of on time. DH has been great to help, and the kids have, too. I'm going tomorrow and get the mums and pumpkins and groceries. Then I'll make my desserts, set up tables, etc, then head to the Fall Fest at school. Saturday morning, I'll move furniture, put out last minute decorations like crepe paper streamers and balloons and be done!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Remember to prepare your camera too! We want photos. lol

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Yes, I'll have my camera and my cousin has offered to be the "official" photographer. It's a hobby she's really good at, so I'm glad to let her do it. I plan to make pictures as soon as I get the tables set up and dressed, and then of course pictures of the actual event, as well. I'll try to get them posted on my photobucket account Sunday afternoon.

franjane

MHH Member
Oct 17, 2007
Well, This is Boo Bash day!!!!!!!!Guess what she puilled it all together, Looks great. Don't know where she gets these skills, sure not from her mom! She will let you know how it goes (60 people have RSVP ed)

Cathy's " Mom" : :boo: :boo:
Franjane

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Yes, it all came together quite well. We had 60 present, almost all in costumes! Read the details in Great Pumpkin Day thread under Ginger's original post! It was fun, can't wait until next year! :ghost:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Thanks for sharing the party photos. What fun everyone had. Your fall wreath is very nice.