My mini-vacation report card

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Hope this is in the right place

We had some business to take care of in Cape Giraedeau(sp) Thursday. So we spent the night and made a little mini vacation of it. Things have been a little stressful lately, so we needed the break. We're all exhausted tonight tho and my daughter had to go work.

Cape is 4 or 5 times bigger than our town so there are plenty of places to shop and/or eat at when we go there. We like to try at least 1 new place each time we go there.

I'm going to write this post like a report card. I'm going to tell you the places I can remember going to and the grade I'd give them based on service, products & price.

We stayed at Motel 8. We've stayed in this particular one before. The staff as a whole are helpful and courteous. The rooms and building are clean. The only drawback I have is with housekeeping. The checkout time is 11 a.m. we went to MacDonald's for breakfast to go got back a little after 10 and they'd been in our room cleaning it out. My daughter told the manager they needed to wait till people checked out. He said he'd been trying to communicate that to them lol. As a whole I'd give Motel 8 a A- and recommend them.

Applebee's was the new place we tried this time. The food was decent, service was good, place was clean, including the bathroom that's a plus with me. However, the menu was a bit unclear in places. We ordered what we thought was a smaller portion of steak chopped up with 2 vegetables, bread cost extra. When our food arrived figure out real fast this was hamburger steak. IMO the food is on the pricey side. I'd give it a B-

Walgreen's has plenty of deals. However some of their staff wasn't helpful. I'd give them a C

Dairy Queen's drive thru was fast and courteous. It was late when we went by drive thru window was the only part open. I'd give them a A

We went to Barnes and Nobles last night and today. It was clean, including the restroom, the staff was helpful and courteous. Brought several books there. I really enjoy going there. I'd give them a A+

Starbucks is in Barnes and Nobles. I know I'm in the minority here but I do not like their cappicinos or frappicinos(my daughter got one) in the cup. We've had the frappicinos in the bottle before and they were good. The place was clean, the staff was courteous when taking the order however, when my daughter took the frappicino back and told the lady to throw it away she just laughed. I'd give them a C

Steve and Berry's is going out of business there. It was clean, staff was courteous, they have some great deals going on there. I'd give them a A

We went to more places but I'm getting tired of writting lol. Can't think of anywhere we went that I wouldn't consider going again.

Before I end this book lol. Let me say if you've never been to Lambert's that's truly one experience I'd highly recommend. If you leave there hungry it your own fault lol I'd give Lambert's in Sikeston a A+

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Girlsinmo - I really enjoyed reading the "report card"! That is a great idea for getting a more specific idea about recomendations. When you ask people about a restaurant you have not been to, and they say "Oh, yeah, it's good." well - what does that really tell you? When I'm going to risk my money on a new place, I need a much clearer idea of what the place is like!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Thanks ladies, my computer has been crazy today this is the first time I've been able to connect uggghh. I'd like to see more report cards & recommendations on the boards.