My Own Christmas in July Little Surprise

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I had to share this story. My DH and I usually leave for work at the same time and this morning was no different. I drove up to the top of the hill in our development and stopped at the stop sign. I notice something on my left and look down to realize it's a full roll of Christmas wrapping paper still in it's clear plastic packaging. I rolled my window down and pointed to it so my DH would not run over it. I preceeded through the stop sign and I noticed DH was not behind me. I called him, thinking he went the other way to get gas, and asked him where he was and he said "I stopped to pick up the wrapping paper. It had frostys on it and they would have never survived the day in this heat. It was meant to be yours since it has snowmen on it and you are celebrating CIJ." What a guy!

I have no idea where that roll of wrapping paper came from or how I happened upon it in the month of July but I'm all about the unexpected whimsy that comes with finds like that. I think I'll wrap my stocking stuffers in it this year because it will make me smile to know how I came about getting the paper.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Oh what a nice surprise. And wonderful DH to save Frosty from melting:)

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
awwwwwww that's a good husband!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
great surprise! And sweet of DH to stop and get it for you.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
I am smiling from ear to ear! Bless DH for saving Frosty just for you!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
What a great find with a story to pass down to go along with it! Love it!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Awesome!!! :snowman:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm trying to figure out why you didn't leap out of your car to grab it. lol This is one of the stories to tell future generations.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I'm trying to figure out why you didn't leap out of your car to grab it. lol This is one of the stories to tell future generations.

Diedra, I was thinking the EXACT same thing! ;) What a great story, Kim! A little elf left that paper thre just for you!

mummytummy

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Perth WA
:snowman: its lovely when nice and unexpected things happen, good old Frosty :)