My scrapbooking confession...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Okay, this will sound very strange.

Years ago I was moving to a very secluded area and before I did so a few of the local women told me I should get some scrapbooking supplies because everyone "got together" that way. So, with no idea what I was doing I bought one of those deluxe scrapbooking kits. I loved all the coloured paper and accents and put it away in anticipation. Unfortunately, by time I moved there the group had decided they were too busy to work on scrapbooks, so I put it away in a closet. Still, every time I saw some really nice papers or stickers I'd get just a few and add them to my collection. I even bought 2 books of Christmas papers and accents.

Every so often I take out the box and look at all the pretty designs and resolve that I will one day make something pretty with them, then shove them all back in their box in the far corner of my closet. I linger especially long over the Christmas papers with a nod of approval to whoever coordinated all the little accents.

I can't bring myself to cut out any of the shapes because I'm afraid I'll soon think of something they'd have been better used for. I have several prints of many of my pictures, but the thought of taking scissors to a photograph makes me feel like a 4-year-old ripping pages out of one of my father's fancy national geographic books. I was always the type of kid who could never write or highlight in a book.

Hmm....perhaps scrapbooking just isn't for me?

:bigsnow:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
LOL! Frosty, you are funny! I do know what you mean, though...it's hard to cut up those pretty papers..but just think how much you'll enjoy the project if you ever do bring yourself to make something!

I'm not a scrapper, either...but I do love projects with pretty paper and accessories, such as the post it stands and the drink carriers I've been working on...maybe you could try something like that with your stash.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Frosty

Here is one way to think about your pics and papers. You will enhance the wonderful pictures you have. You can recapture those memories and have a wonderful time doing so. (I haven't had the time to scrap for several weeks, but I think I need to take a break and reconnect with some of my own memories very soon.) :-D :)

Have fun!!

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
Frosty: You are funny, but I can relate... :flower:

I am a quilter and I won't tell you just how many times I have purchased an expensive piece of fabric to use "someday" on a project and then I can't bring myself to use it!! No wonder my stash is out of control!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
oh oh,.... I'm in the same boat.... I have a nice Disney scrapbook album and I buy scrapbooking stuff once in a while.... but haven't done anything with them yet...

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Frosty~you are too funny! :haha:

I hate to cut pics too, so I order doubles. Then I can scrapbook one set and put the other set into our albums.

Lisa

Deckr8r

Retire Member
Jun 22, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Frostyshimmer you've inspired me to confess. Four years ago I gave my DS an empty scrapbook for Christmas with a promise I would scrap his high school years. Now he's 26 (notice he had already been out of high school a long time.) Oh the shame and the guilt. And I am a paper hoarder!

InstantMom

Retire Member
Aug 2, 2008
Frostyshimmer, I'm right there with you. When I got married almost 5 years ago, one of my mom's friends gave me a box full of scrapping supplies, complete with album, so I could make my own wedding scrapbook. I put in my closet for safekeeping, and there it sits today, untouched. Maybe this will be the year I finally put it together...just as soon as I figure out how to get the photos out of the computer and onto paper...

;-) MaryAnn

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Your scrapping supplies will make a nice Christmas gift for someone on your list.

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
You crack me up Frosty :rotflol: , but I know exactly what you're talking about!!!! I had the same problem once. What I decided to do was to take ONE sheet of paper and make something...I made a card. Of course, after I had the background paper, I had to continue to build the card. When I was done, and it was a VERY simple card...I was amazed that I could create something so pretty...LOL!!! No self-esteem problems in that area, huh? :pink:

After that first card....it was day and night scrapping at first....DH thought I'd never stop!!!! :help:

Just take a deep breathe and use one sheet.....and don't say I didn't warn ya!!!! :haha:

qltmrkt

Premiere Member
wadeallie said:
I am a quilter and I won't tell you just how many times I have purchased an expensive piece of fabric to use "someday" on a project and then I can't bring myself to use it!! No wonder my stash is out of control!!

Right there with you! I have a pretty large stash myself. And lots of books and patterns. Now if I could only get them together!! I just spend hours planning the next project only to never get it out of the starting gate.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Well, I finally used some of these papers yesterday. I made notebook covers...though I admit I didn't use the papers I most wanted to in case I thought of something really good to do with them one day. lol. Now I have a knitting binder, Christmas binder, and MT reference binder all ready to go.

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
You go girl!!!!! :applause: